By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

When you finally realise

Murphman

Six years ago I lent my 'best mate' whom I've known since I was 3 years old £4000. He was in absolute dire straits, had moved to Spain and was being repossessed by his Spanish bank.

He had his house in the UK on the market, I would be paid within 2 months.

The sale fell through, then it all went quiet.

Then he went on Facebook a year later and informed the world he was going on holiday.

We had words, he gave me a grand and called me all the c*nts under the sun.

He sold his house last month, he's f*cked off not a peep.I sent him an email asking if he'd completed, not a peep.

I sent him an email and put in it simply, c*nt.....

I've found out subsequently he had a heart scare last week. I'm ashamed to say, part of me is glad.

Never lend money to your mate, you lose your money and you lose your mate. I'm now in the process of telling everybody I know who knows him exactly what a c*nt he is.

I was always of the mind that when lending substantial money to family or mates, it's a write off and uless you are ok with that, dont lend it. It's something my dad told me that has more often than not shown to be true.

yep. as i rule i wouldnt lend money to a mate or family. i give it to them. if they pay me back then great, but i hand it over not expecting to get it back

yep. as i rule i wouldnt lend money to a mate or family. i give it to them. if they pay me back then great, but i hand it over not expecting to get it back

Bully for you. But you're not the norm and this isn't £100 we're talking about, I'm perfectly entitled to feel aggrieved.

He actually asked for £7k, I suppose I should count myself lucky.

Bully for you. But you're not the norm and this isn't £100 we're talking about, I'm perfectly entitled to feel aggrieved.

He actually asked for £7k, I suppose I should count myself lucky.

well, lets look at it this way. youve paid 3k to get rid of him

Take him to court

I'd love to. Even if I didn't get the money back the CCJ would at least f*ck him up credit wise, I have documentation that he owes me the money. But he's moved and I don't know where he's gone.

:wafc:

What him for knocking me or me for being mug enough to save his sorry a***?

Actually, that's both of us, a fair shout.

well, lets look at it this way. youve paid 3k to get rid of him

One way of looking at it I suppose. We have a lot of history mind, I was his best man and his eldest is my godson, it's heavy stuff.

I do hate the c*nt now though, genuinely hate him for the way he's behaved. More fool me.

Murph..

I'm buying a house. can you lend me 40K

I'll pay it back.. honest...

I can't, I've none left, lent it all out, you should have asked earlier. I trust you Mike.