By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Kids

Bailo

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People only really tell you how ace it is, it's f***ing exhausting and it's there then for life. It's not like a dog you can shift on gum tree.

The thing is, if there are benefits to having kids, of course there must be some nice aspects to having them around, well there are also plenty of difficulties and downsides.

If you were to put the benefits of having children on one side of the scale, and the benefits of not having them then any difference would be marginal overall.

People who tell you how wonderful the children are, and how they enrich your life are right, they make some good points, but then those of us with kids would say that wouldn't we ? Nobody ever says, actually this seemed like a good idea at the time but it's exhausting and I want my life back :)

Good luck discussing this with your wife, she will be listening to her clock ticking. She thinks it's time, doesn't she ? You don't stand a chance.

People only really tell you how ace it is, it's f***ing exhausting and it's there then for life. It's not like a dog you can shift on gum tree.

The thing is, if there are benefits to having kids, of course there must be some nice aspects to having them around, well there are also plenty of difficulties and downsides.

If you were to put the benefits of having children on one side of the scale, and the benefits of not having them then any difference would be marginal overall.

People who tell you how wonderful the children are, and how they enrich your life are right, they make some good points, but then those of us with kids would say that wouldn't we ? Nobody ever says, actually this seemed like a good idea at the time but it's exhausting and I want my life back :)/>

Good luck discussing this with your wife, she will be listening to her clock ticking. She thinks it's time, doesn't she ? You don't stand a chance.

Plus ultimately you get to have sex.

aye - if she wants a kid, go along with it; LOADS of sex. And hopefully you don't hit the bullseye too soon

I'm not sure I want kids, but on the other hand I am sure I want loads of sex...

Reckon thats how the decision process works mostly

Surely if you have kids then that's you done. That's your life over. You can't do whatever you want. You're legally responsible for stopping this really stupid thing from dying for the period of your life when you'd probably have the most economic freedom to do whatever the f*ck you want. They will act like you owe them something and you do. They probably won't ever fully appreciate everything you sacrifice.

Just home from work to a mad house with 2 very noisy young children full of attitude running amok and as a result me and their mother are having a fall out.

Stay well clear.

Or ask me tomorrow.

She thinks it's time, doesn't she ? You don't stand a chance.

Yeah, Bailo thinks they are going to have a "conversation"

Having kids is the best thing ever happened to us.

Having said that, I could afford them and was fully grown up with a great missus.

All things being equal they're worth every sacrifice.

Having said that, my kids are generally well behaved and pretty balanced, some of my friend skids are utter c*nts.

Not being much help am I, you take your chances...

Wake up > Deal with mad kids > f***ing work > Deal with mad kids > Go to sleep > Be woken up by mad kids > Try to go back to sleep > Wake up

Repeat every day for years. Except on weekends, when you get the mad kids all day instead of work. Work is easier.

Wake up > Deal with mad kids > f***ing work > Deal with mad kids > Go to sleep > Be woken up by mad kids > Try to go back to sleep > Wake up

Repeat every day for years. Except on weekends, when you get the mad kids all day instead of work. Work is easier.

At three this morning, we were woken up by our son, who then spent an hour and a half telling us to go away and trying to do us bodily harm, before suddenly chilling out and wanting to watch "The Gruffalo",

Marvelous fun.

Having said that, I never hanker for the way life was.

Edited by £440,000

Having kids is like a very expensive roller coaster ride. And you get to post in here the smug comment. You wouldn't understand your not a parent.

Roller coaster ? Driving a s*** car full of noise and mess, through a never ending wasteland of retail parks and supermarkets and school runs, would be my description.

But there are a few good moments too :)