By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Landlord deposits

charlie clown

Too late for the last month's rent thing - this in after vacating the premises.

what are you doing in rented accommodation?

anyway you're in luck - this should be covered by the tenancy deposit scheme and if it isn't then you get a small windfall - 3 months rent is the usual fine, paid to you as compo by the landlord or agency

if it is in the scheme then the scheme governs the procedure for complaints

Leave a deposit in every room in the house.

Vlad JNR how's life? Haven't seen you since I was very f***ed up in whatever bar we was in

Life is good Jamo. Let me know when you want to come up for a game.. You were proper fcucked up if I remeber correctly

what are you doing in rented accommodation?

anyway you're in luck - this should be covered by the tenancy deposit scheme and if it isn't then you get a small windfall - 3 months rent is the usual fine, paid to you as compo by the landlord or agency

if it is in the scheme then the scheme governs the procedure for complaints

It' not me - it's my daughter's uni accommodation. She's been sharing with 3 other girls and they have just all moved out after completing their final year. One of the girls had left her room a real mess apparently so her losing some of her deposit seems reasonable, my daughter's room (and those of the other two girls) and the shared living space is pretty much immaculate though. The landlord is playing hardball and insisting that it is going to cost him x, y, and z for all the stuff he will need to pay for to have cleared up. I've been in there and I know he's talking b******s.

I guess the thing to do is to ask him for a full breakdown of his deductions and then challenge any that apply to my daughter's share of the deposit but I don't know what the legal position is and what rights we have over stuff like this - are the four of them jointly responsible for exmaple?

It' not me - it's my daughter's uni accommodation. She's been sharing with 3 other girls and they have just all moved out after completing their final year. One of the girls had left her room a real mess apparently so her losing some of her deposit seems reasonable, my daughter's room (and those of the other two girls) and the shared living space is pretty much immaculate though. The landlord is playing hardball and insisting that it is going to cost him x, y, and z for all the stuff he will need to pay for to have cleared up. I've been in there and I know he's talking b******s.

I guess the thing to do is to ask him for a full breakdown of his deductions and then challenge any that apply to my daughter's share of the deposit but I don't know what the legal position is and what rights we have over stuff like this - are the four of them jointly responsible for exmaple?

dude: TENANCY DEPOSIT SCHEME

that's all that matters - ask if the deposits were 'protected' by the scheme, report back to me and I will direct you further

do it first thing monday

from govt web site:

1. Overview

In England and Wales, if you rent your home on an assured shorthold tenancy that started after 6 April 2007, your landlord must place your deposit in one of the following tenancy deposit protection (TDP) schemes:

These government-backed schemes ensure you’ll get your deposit back if you:

• meet the terms of your tenancy agreement
  • don’t damage the property
  • pay your rent and bills

Your landlord or letting agent must put your deposit in the scheme within 30 days of getting it.

At the end of your tenancy

If you and your landlord agree how much deposit you’ll get back, it must be returned to you within 10 days of the tenancy ending.

If you’re in a dispute with your landlord, then your deposit is protected in the TDP until the issue is sorted.

Holding deposits

Your landlord doesn’t have to protect a holding deposit (money you pay to ‘hold’ a property before an agreement is signed). However, once you become a tenant, the holding deposit becomes a deposit, which they must protect.

Deposits made by a third party

Your landlord must use a TDP scheme even if your deposit is paid by someone else, like a rent deposit scheme or your parents.

etc

Edited by Molby

It's his daughter, you sick f*ck.

HAHA.

Was the contract joint and severally liable. If it was then you can't split the deposit and you are depending on the girl who messed her room up to do the honourable thing.

If its is joint and severally liable then you can challenge deductions if the deposit is protected and there was a professional independent inventory and check in followed by a similar check out at the end. If it is not protected or there is no Independent inventory and check in, thus invalidating any check out, then the landlord is pretty much up sh*t creek