By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

London Help

5InIstanbul

Bit of guidance from you London based peeps if you would be so kind.

Mrs is going down with friends for a 40th. Staying at hilton Metro nr Oxford Street.

Wanted, couple of smart bars with good ambience for cocktails etc in that area this weekend.

Any ideas? Ta

Soho hotel bar is buzzy. They have good dinner offers on there as well sometimes.

I think you need to book, but these make a good whisky sour (try the fig one) and the views are fantastic.

http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/pubsandbars/paramount-bar-info-66882.html

Restaurant a little bit pricey but decent.

There's also this for Sunday lunch if they fancy it, food is fantastic. Special offer on at the minute through top table.

http://www.toptable.co.uk/maze-gordon-ramsay

I ate in PJ's Bar and Grill just last week, the food was great, it's handily placed in Covent Garden and if you book through The Top Table website you get 50% off the food!!

Edited by Murphman

Bit of guidance from you London based peeps if you would be so kind.

Mrs is going down with friends for a 40th. Staying at hilton Metro nr Oxford Street.

Wanted, couple of smart bars with good ambience for cocktails etc in that area this weekend.

Any ideas? Ta

Place called The Lab on Old Compton Street does decent cocktails. You can book seats if you wish or just turn up

I was there a couple of weeks ago. Its ace

Mate of my wifes used to run the Lab. They used to have handy little sills, purpose built like, in the bogs.

Was in the Sanderson bar last year sometime. Couldnt afford to stay there much longer than a few hours.

Lots of birds on the pull in there too, 35-40 sort of age group..

I ate in PJ's Bar and Grill just last week, the food was great, it's handily placed in Covent Garden and if you book through The Top Table website you get 50% off the food!!

Thanks for the tip murph. Can she borrow your oap card for the discount?

Bloody hell is that place still open? Used to drink there 10 years ago. Sound little place though.

was just thinking that, i used that place for press parties about thirteen years ago or something. amazed it's still going.

Bloody hell is that place still open? Used to drink there 10 years ago. Sound little place though.

It closed a little while ago, but has reopened with new management