By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Android apps

Maldini

I recently switched to the HTC One from the iPhone and I've found replacements for most of the apps I used on the iPhone but I'm not really aware of what the best Android apps are, any suggestions? A few good ones I've found

Any.DO - Notes and to-do app

DoubleTwist - it's basically iTunes for Android, the HTC Sync Manager was driving me crazy, really glad I found this. Great for podcasts too.

JuiceDefender - manages which apps access date and power and when. Seems to have greatly improved my battery life.

Watch Football Live - Streams for watching football, seems a little glitchy though

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently switched to the HTC One from the iPhone and I've found replacements for most of the apps I used on the iPhone but I'm not really aware of what the best Android apps are, any suggestions? A few good ones I've found

Any.DO - Notes and to-do app

DoubleTwist - it's basically iTunes for Android, the HTC Sync Manager was driving me crazy, really glad I found this. Great for podcasts too.

JuiceDefender - manages which apps access date and power and when. Seems to have greatly improved my battery life.

Watch Football Live - Streams for watching football, seems a little glitchy though

A couple I like ..

AirDroid: Manage your phone from a browser on your pc, including text messages etc.

Wunderlist: great for creating lists with reminders etc which you can also share with other people.

ES File Explorer: a must have if you ever need to access the file system.

MX Player: Media player, plays everything Ive ever thrown at it.

Snapseed: image editor really slick and easy to use.

TeslaLED: torch app

TuneIn Radio: Best radio player app Ive found.

TVCatchup: watch tv on your phone.

Edited by Moose

Swiftkey – best keyboard app

Opera Mini Browser, Dolphin Mini Browser – quicker than stock browser especially when signal is a bit flakey (can’t decide which is best).

Met Office – simple weather app

ECB – best cricket app

ESPN Goals – very good when it works, video clips of goals virtually straight away. Unstable tho.

Kindle – if you have a kindle account, it auto syncs

New Star Soccer – insanely addictive footy game.

Are power save app still necessary? I thought that sort of thing was handled reasonably well by Android now.

Flipboard is great. I downloaded that the couple of days ago. I wouldn't have thought you'd have any problems running it on the htc one.

How does SwiftKey work? Does it just appear instead of your usual keyboard in email, texts and browsers? My samsung keyboard annoys me. You need to type slowly for it to keep up and you can't always make it vanish when you need.

Are power save app still necessary? I thought that sort of thing was handled reasonably well by Android now.

Flipboard is great. I downloaded that the couple of days ago. I wouldn't have thought you'd have any problems running it on the htc one.

How does SwiftKey work? Does it just appear instead of your usual keyboard in email, texts and browsers? My samsung keyboard annoys me. You need to type slowly for it to keep up and you can't always make it vanish when you need.

I don't bother with power saving apps any more.

You can just set up SwiftKey as your default keyboard when installing it and it appears automatically in all text screens. I think it's great and it is one of the only apps I've upgraded to the paid version.

Ive just taken possession of thislittle number - took 10 days to arrive from China and for £55 a total bargain!

Let us know how you get on with it, a cheap tablet would be very handy

:yes:

take that Apple!

I couldn't justify the cost of the iPhone when I could get the HTC One for free. To be honest though, I miss the iPhone, things just worked the way they were supposed to work. I'm finding a lot of Android apps to be a bit gltichy.

Interesting. Tell me more.

Firstly its not a smartphone/ipad/nexus but for the money its great. The battery life is not wonderful but its cheap so what do you expect! The screen and responsiveness to touch is very good (altho you do have to have it at a bit of an angle as its lcd) It comes loaded with youtube etc and plays games well (I'm a Dead Trigger fan which has v good graphics).

All in all its a useful little tablet and is fast for browsing

As I said its not top of the range but for the money I cant complain :)

You can just set up SwiftKey as your default keyboard when installing it and it appears automatically in all text screens. I think it's great and it is one of the only apps I've upgraded to the paid version.

I was going to ask what the paid version does as I think the free version is great.

Then I realised I actually use TouchPal.

Take that SwiftKey you bag o' s****.