By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Divorce

Gravy

I'm nearing the end of my divorce. Decree Nisi has been granted and the financial consent order, agreed by me and my wife went to the court last Monday. My question is, can anyone tell me how long it takes for the court to seal the consent order? My solicitor won't give me a time as how long's a piece of string, but has anyone on on experienced how long theirs might have taken?

Until that's sealed I can't move on

wasn't long by the time we got the decree nisi, 6 weeks or so, though I didn't have a solicitor and I can't recall a consent order, possibly because I didn't have a solicitor.

Thinking you move on once a court has stamped an agreement seems optimistic/misguided

wasn't long by the time we got the decree nisi, 6 weeks or so, though I didn't have a solicitor and I can't recall a consent order, possibly because I didn't have a solicitor.

Thinking you move on once a court has stamped an agreement seems optimistic/misguided

Yeah I know what you mean, but I can't even begin to think about moving on financially until the agreement has been ratified

Financial agreement came before or at the same time as absolute. The judge decided in my case, there was no come back.

Yes, I know the agreement doesn't come into force until the absolute, I'm just looking for an idea on how long it takes from the moment I put it in to the court, last Monday, to when it gets sealed

Yeah I know what you mean, but I can't even begin to think about moving on financially until the agreement has been ratified

why not? I thought you'd agreed everything?

what are you thinking about anyway? is it "I like the look of that Ferrari, that should impress the birds...but I'd better make sure she doesn't see it and change her mind and try to extort more dough from me?"

why not? I thought you'd agreed everything?

what are you thinking about anyway? is it "I like the look of that Ferrari, that should impress the birds...but I'd better make sure she doesn't see it and change her mind and try to extort more dough from me?"

No, I'm getting the better of the deal, and until the judge rubber stamps it and seals it I can't begin to move on

wacko.gif

"this one goes up to 11..."

She's not taking me for any spousal maintenance and very little child maintenance - certainly not what she's entitled to. So, until the judge seals it I can't even begin to stop holding my breath

She's not taking me for any spousal maintenance and very little child maintenance - certainly not what she's entitled to. So, until the judge seals it I can't even begin to stop holding my breath

ok but then what are you going to do? what can't you do RIGHT NOW in case she finds out and changes her mind....buy a Ferrari presumably

if not then, you're not doing this right

Why are you withholding the full value of child maintenance she's entitled to?

I find it strange that you would phrase it 'taking me for very little child maintenance', surely you want to support your child.

You can still do that without it being court instructed of course.

Of course you can, the phraseology used made it sound as though he was getting away without paying what he should be however.

Edited by Rushiesbushymoustache

Why are you withholding the full value of child maintenance she's entitled to?

I find it strange that you would phrase it 'taking me for very little child maintenance', surely you want to support your child.

OK, so the full value of what she is entitled to, by the letter of the law is 20% of my net wages a month, even though they will be living with me mainly. So what's she going to feed them for 2/3 days? Cristal champagne and caviar???

It's nothing to do with not supporting my boys which of course I live to do, like the rest of us. It's about her pocketing the cash for herself and that ain't gonna happen

Which is reasonable enough and I can understand you wanting it sorted I'm not usually minded to care when others are waiting to deprive others of entitlements.

I am absolutely not depriving my boys of anything at all, and would never do so. Her however, different kettle of fish

I see that and it seems reasonable. Going to the internet worrying about it not getting signed off is likely to be open to misinterpretation though.

Fair comment. I just wanted some info if anyone knew about how long the consent order takes to get sealed once it's been sent to the court