By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Iain Banks

Swipe

f***ing awful news. Loved his Iain M Banks sci-fi stuff and thought The Wasp Factory was brilliant if mental.

The Wasp Factory is a mind f***. The nut job brother setting local dogs alight being one of the highlights

Edited by Ibby

• 2 months later...

Very sad news. RIP

A guy i know was complaining of flu symptoms for some time. Heavy smoker, they did tests for various things. Finally diagnosed him with cancer that had started in his lung and was now in his spine. He hasn't slept horizontally for weeks. In his late 50's and worked on Sir Clement Freuds house.

Complete faith in God baffles me.

Very sad news. RIP

A guy i know was complaining of flu symptoms for some time. Heavy smoker, they did tests for various things. Finally diagnosed him with cancer that had started in his lung and was now in his spine. He hasn't slept horizontally for weeks. In his late 50's and worked on Sir Clement Freuds house.

Complete faith in God baffles me.

What a bizaare thing to sign-off the post with.

RIP - a genuine original literary talent. I read one his books every 3-4 years or and have enjoyed almost all of em. Canal Dreams being the one exception.

What a bizaare thing to sign-off the post with.

RIP - a genuine original literary talent. I read one his books every 3-4 years or and have enjoyed almost all of em. Canal Dreams being the one exception.

Re the first, I tend to think that way too when these things happen; that there's a wilful ignorance among non-atheists to avoid deciding whether god is a teasing, merciless, nasty minded entity or more simply he just doesn't exist. So don't find Earls comment odd that way.

But, on your second point, totally agree. And will genuinely miss him for his regular, and just about always, at least, interesting literature.