By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The Hobbit

Earl Hafler

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's alll about milking it for as much cash as possible but, seriously, a trilogy?

It's ridiculous. Two parts, composing of The Hobbit and some additional material from Silmarilion and the like, released within six months of each other, might have been o.k - but three ?

Makes me wonder where the first part will finish. Probably around Mirkwood, i guess.

I read the first 20 pages of the Hobbit when I was about 13. And then stopped. Boring beyond belief.

same here

then tried playing the computer game, a sh*t adventure game that everyone raved about, that was sh*t as well cos you had to have read the book

orcs and sh*t

balls

I read the first 20 pages of the Hobbit when I was about 13. And then stopped. Boring beyond belief.

same here

then tried playing the computer game, a sh*t adventure game that everyone raved about, that was sh*t as well cos you had to have read the book

orcs and sh*t

balls

pair o' w*****s

I've just re-read it for the first time since I was about 12.

It's not a very good book really but it is a kids book I suppose.

I think I read that the film shows what happens to Gandalf and The Necromancer which is barely mentioned in the book.

I also assume they are putting a lot of back story in to flesh it out to a trilogy.

like what? the bible? Great Expectations?

the Hobbit is the greatest story ever told

you'd know that if you read it. I think you should read it

it's not real, though, it's made up, none of it happened

actually had someone say this the other day as a reason why he doesn't read any fiction at all: he was on holiday with his judy and had picked up some book in the airport to do with gangsters or something sh*te, was sat round the pool going on about what he'd learnt, was questioned as to the veracity of the outlandish facts he was relaying, said "but it's in this book", was shown where it said it was a work of fiction, lashed it one in disgust

"what's the point? it's just something that someone has made up!"