By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Hurricane Sandy

Sir Tokyo Sexwale

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The initial forecast was it to have been one of the deepest depressions on record but it's not so grim looking now. They've still closed the port of New York and put the Navy out of Norfolk though. Pussies.

I was supposed to be in NYC this weekend, glad 'm not now, if only because it would have been pissing it down.

One good thing is that Sandy is forecasted to track inland and not out to sea where it would end up over here lashing down the rain and wind.

Perfect Storm stuff.

Sandy from the south, a storm in from the West, and a cold front coming in from Canada.

My Greenskeeper who is pretty good on this stuff is saying that is has the potential for being one of the worst storms ever.

Edited by New York Red

Wind is starting to whip up...

Good luck with storm NYR, I'm just outside of Atlanta, Georgia and people were freaking out buying loads and loads of supplies. Supermarket shelves were empty and the hurricane was no where near here. :wacko:

What is wrong with some of these people....

Good luck with storm NYR, I'm just outside of Atlanta, Georgia and people were freaking out buying loads and loads of supplies. Supermarket shelves were empty and the hurricane was no where near here. :wacko:

media driven frenzy. plus, people assume that everything that appears in the stores comes from an area to be affected by the storm. they watch the weather channel and believe the storm will hit them no matter where they are. in short, they are mostly morons.

some hardware stores in omaha were complaining last week after the local weather guys predicted a mild winter for Nebraska and Iowa. they claimed that this forecast would hurt sales of snow removal equipment and tools.

Cheers pal. I just got my son and his mates to but all of the stuff in the back yard away. Can't have that stuff flying about.

Where are you in Atlanta? We own properties in Marietta, Buckhead, Duluth and Lithonia. I'm there a lot. I usually watch our games at Fado.

Cheers pal. I just got my son and his mates to but all of the stuff in the back yard away. Can't have that stuff flying about.

Where are you in Atlanta? We own properties in Marietta, Buckhead, Duluth and Lithonia. I'm there a lot. I usually watch our games at Fado.

I'm in Peachtree City at the moment, been living here for the past 3 years but we're finding as a family its not the best place for our needs, we will be moving sometime within the next couple of years.