By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Captain Scarlet

Nebraska Red

I loved that show. I loved them all actually. Stingray, Thunderbirds, Joe 90. Didn't the Anderson's make that show UFO also? There was another one that was even before Stingray whose name escapes me. What is the link mate?

I've been watching DVD's of The Persuaders lately. Cracking show, but boy has TV production come a long way.

I loved that show. I loved them all actually. Stingray, Thunderbirds, Joe 90. Didn't the Anderson's make that show UFO also? There was another one that was even before Stingray whose name escapes me. What is the link mate?

I've been watching DVD's of The Persuaders lately. Cracking show, but boy has TV production come a long way.

http://bitsnoop.com/captain-scarlet-1967-the-complete-s-q27236817.html

You can find the other 3 series if you search on Torrentz.com

Having seen some of the cartoon crap that passes for kids entertainment, these shows are much better even though they are 40+ years old.

Fireball XL5 and Supercar were others in the puppet era.

Gerry Anderson to make new TV series of Thunderbirds

The children's sci-fi series Thunderbirds is to return to television in a new series after an absence of 45 years, its creator Gerry Anderson said yesterday.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/8253552/Gerry-Anderson-to-make-new-TV-series-of-Thunderbirds.html

Edited by Nebraska Red

They re-ran Captain Scarlet about 15-18 years back on the BBC when my son was a little un and his routine on a Friday night was get in from nursery, run straight upstairs, change into his Captain Scarlet outfit and then run down stairs to watch it on the telly. Makes me smilethinking about it now (as it did then) but I can't say as I could blame him cause it loved it when I was a kid as well - as I did all of those others, Fireball XL-5 was one of my very earliest TV memories.

There were a couple of earlier precursors as well IIRC - some cowboy related thing was the first one I think that the Andersons did of that fuill on puppet show adventure style (just looked it up - Four Feathers Fall it was). And Twizzle before that but they are really more a kind of folk-memory to me that things I really remember watching.

Slightly off topic (not supermarionation), but does anyone remember Star Fleet? Had a profound effect on me when I was growing up. Got the DVDs recently and it hasn't quite lived up to my memories of it.

It was quite mature stuff for its target audience.

SUPERCAR? FIREBALL XL5 ? FOUR FEATHER FALLS?

oops sorry didnt read all the thread

Edited by badtodabone

Slightly off topic (not supermarionation), but does anyone remember Star Fleet? Had a profound effect on me when I was growing up. Got the DVDs recently and it hasn't quite lived up to my memories of it.

It was quite mature stuff for its target audience.

Yeah I liked Starfleet, but in my memory it's become amalgamated with terrahawks.

Scarlet was brilliant, but dark and we had great dark kids stuff back then. I remember watching some mad program with my older siblings called Raven, then we had Chocky and Chocky's Children.

Due to my mrs being a massive fan of and recently meeting Avon/Paul Darrow from Blake 7, she ordered all the dvds and we watched them with our 10 year old. It was dated yes, but the stories were way beter than I remembered, except for the final series when they changed quite a bit after losing the liberator. Again it was pretty dark in places.

Andersons stuff was brilliant, but during a popular culture thing at art college I remember something about anderson saying something about, the more the puppets resembled human proportions, the less popular the show, citing joe 90 as the prime example.

They re-ran Captain Scarlet about 15-18 years back on the BBC when my son was a little un and his routine on a Friday night was get in from nursery, run straight upstairs, change into his Captain Scarlet outfit and then run down stairs to watch it on the telly. Makes me smilethinking about it now (as it did then) but I can't say as I could blame him cause it loved it when I was a kid as well - as I did all of those others, Fireball XL-5 was one of my very earliest TV memories.

There were a couple of earlier precursors as well IIRC - some cowboy related thing was the first one I think that the Andersons did of that fuill on puppet show adventure style (just looked it up - Four Feathers Fall it was). And Twizzle before that but they are really more a kind of folk-memory to me that things I really remember watching.

I still know the words to Fireball XL5 to this day.

I wish I was a spaceman

The fastest man alive

We'd fly across the universe in Fireball XL5

brilliant it was...

Having watched the Ben Folds Five video recently, I'm downloading the Fraggle Rock stuff at the moment :D

Due to my mrs being a massive fan of and recently meeting Avon/Paul Darrow from Blake 7, she ordered all the dvds and we watched them with our 10 year old.

Was that the Peterborough geek fest thingie?

Lost the ability to count too then? :yes:

To you......

"I wish I was a spaceman

The fastest man alive

We'd fly across the universe in Fireball XL5"

To me....

"I wish I was a space man

The fastest guy alive

I'd fly round the universe

In Fireball XL5"

;)

:angry: