By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

ipod help

badtodabone

Have never been able to understand people's beef with iTunes (though just lately it has started getting bloated). But there's drag and drop, manual organisation or automatic syncing/ automatic filling. All sorts of views from simple lists to fancy coverflow. Can't see what makes it worse than Media Monkey, Media player and the like.

Have never been able to understand people's beef with iTunes (though just lately it has started getting bloated). But there's drag and drop, manual organisation or automatic syncing/ automatic filling. All sorts of views from simple lists to fancy coverflow. Can't see what makes it worse than Media Monkey, Media player and the like.

It's lack of support for Flac is a bit s*** and only selling AAC also like broadband speeds are much quicker now there's not the need to restrict to 256 kbps.

Otherwise it's alright

It's lack of support for Flac is a bit s*** and only selling AAC also like broadband speeds are much quicker now there's not the need to restrict to 256 kbps.

Otherwise it's alright

The AAC stuff is the store though, not iTunes itself. Agree over all though, both that the store could offer higher bitrate stuff (even at a premium) and the iTunes application should offer flac support (though at least it does have other lossless support).

I use Foobar for the Flac files but still have iTunes for general music management and sync-ing files; honestly don't see much difference in things like user friendliness between iTunes and the others

The AAC stuff is the store though, not iTunes itself. Agree over all though, both that the store could offer higher bitrate stuff (even at a premium) and the iTunes application should offer flac support (though at least it does have other lossless support).

I use Foobar for the Flac files but still have iTunes for general music management and sync-ing files; honestly don't see much difference in things like user friendliness between iTunes and the others

I buy loads of flac and it's a ballache converting it to a non compressed lossless format and I don't want to go alac because there's devices that wont support that. It's an irritation of mine. I'd also like a degree of flexibility with smart play lists where you can use combinations of rules rather than just all or any and I'd like the date option to be dynamic. It's also very annoying that the radio stations aren't searchable.

You're right on the AAC stuff that's not really an issue with iTunes and it is getting bloated.

I still use it mind and haven't been overly impressed with the alternatives I've tried. I'm on a mac and I have foobar in work.

Boomkat pretty exclusively anything I can't get from there I get on CD. Beatport does wav rather than flac and charges a quid per track over the mp3 price which is outrageous. Juno download have a decent selection and I think their lossless costs are pretty good.

Boomkat pretty exclusively anything I can't get from there I get on CD. Beatport does wav rather than flac and charges a quid per track over the mp3 price which is outrageous. Juno download have a decent selection and I think their lossless costs are pretty good.

Cheers, good to know.