By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

GOD!

Walrus

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. It's quite devastating in the depth of its analysis. He truly understands.

Anyway, anyone see that Quran that Saddam had written for him using his OWN BLOOD?

Wow! You really seem to get it what with the sarcasm and all. In your face, Ricky! :)

I just wish everyone would stop banging on about it. I really couldn't care less what Ricky Gervais does or doesn't believe and I'm f*cking tired of people on both sides trying to prove how clever they are. Which is all this 'debate' really comes down to.

think that's pretty unfair tbh

I don't suppose the pope would write all that good of a sitcom either though, to be fair.

Neither did Gervais. But I'm probably in the minority in that opinion. I don't find the bloke funny.

As for the article, he displays as little understanding about Science and its definition as he does about Faith.

I just wish everyone would stop banging on about it. I really couldn't care less what Ricky Gervais does or doesn't believe and I'm f*cking tired of people on both sides trying to prove how clever they are. Which is all this 'debate' really comes down to.

Quite.

Someone like Gervais coming out with a revelation like this carries about as much cultural weight as Bob Carolgees denouncing the wearing of the Hijab.

Isn't that what every debate comes down to?

No, some debates can present facts and proof and stuff. There are none on either side in this case.

think that's pretty unfair tbh

It's possible I may have overdosed on smug atheist Vs smug christian podcasts over the last 6 months.

Quite.

Someone like Gervais coming out with a revelation like this carries about as much cultural weight as Bob Carolgees denouncing the wearing of the Hijab.

Its about time Bob Carolgees cleared the air on these matters. His silence does nobody any favours.

he's too busy with the minutiae of the candle industry to bother with that old sh*te. his website is ace by the way:

http://www.carolgeescandles.com/index.php

He was on the radio the other day. They were doing a piece on some research that shows more people are becoming famous for shorter periods. Bob was saying he enjoyed his four years in the spotlight and has moved on to the candle making business. He said he has a shop in cheshire and I imagined walking in, before i'd heard about it and thinking I knew the bloke with the tache behind the counter.

cracking website. Bob Carolgees selling candles. brilliant.

He was on the radio the other day. They were doing a piece on some research that shows more people are becoming famous for shorter periods. Bob was saying he enjoyed his four years in the spotlight and has moved on to the candle making business. He said he has a shop in cheshire and I imagined walking in, before i'd heard about it and thinking I knew the bloke with the tache behind the counter.

Little grey hairs in all the candles.

i went in there about six years or so ago on a day out with the folks which took in frodsham craft village. took me ages to place the long-haired bloke with daft hippy goatee behind the counter. then i saw all the photos of spit the dog behind the till. had a natter with him and he was very talkative on the benefits of vegetable fat candles.

seriously, who the f*** came up with this? http://www.carolgeescandles.com/games/spit_game/index.php

It's possible I may have overdosed on smug atheist Vs smug christian podcasts over the last 6 months.

I have no idea why you would subject yourself to this and I'm self banning myself from any new threads discussing faith but the threads I have been involved in I have a very different memory of than you.