By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

ireland's xmas number 1

doug_mac

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with a mass brawl in some mullingar hotel?

Before U2 bought it, the Clarence used to be one of the few places in Dublin that allowed Traveller weddings. They'd pay in cash up front and leave a float for any damage caused. I used to drink in the Octogon bar with a buch of friends mostly because the bar staff would regularly give us the keys and tell us to lock up when we were going. Well, that and the fun of watching various priests with 'their nephews' pretending not to know the other priests with their family. Traveller weddings were usually held on a Friday or Saturday and you'd regularly see mass brawls between various family members. More than once I saw the bride and groom trying to beat the s*** out of each other.

Before U2 bought it, the Clarence used to be one of the few places in Dublin that allowed Traveller weddings. They'd pay in cash up front and leave a float for any damage caused. I used to drink in the Octogon bar with a buch of friends mostly because the bar staff would regularly give us the keys and tell us to lock up when we were going. Well, that and the fun of watching various priests with 'their nephews' pretending not to know the other priests with their family. Traveller weddings were usually held on a Friday or Saturday and you'd regularly see mass brawls between various family members. More than once I saw the bride and groom trying to beat the s*** out of each other.

Had a nice drunken chat to Dave Grohl in the Octogon.

Surprise surprise there were complaints to liveline today. Willie O'Dea was on saying he hoped it went to number one and the presenter of Republic of Telly said he presumed everyone compaining about the lyrics also complained to 50 Cent's record company.

Joe's response to this was "we're not talking about 60 Cent"

Surprise surprise there were complaints to liveline today. Willie O'Dea was on saying he hoped it went to number one and the presenter of Republic of Telly said he presumed everyone compaining about the lyrics also complained to 50 Cent's record company.

Joe's response to this was "we're not talking about 60 Cent"

Presumably he's a big fan of

Edited by Captain Sanil Crastow

Here's the audio of Liveline from earlier, it's pretty much the greatest thing ever put out on Irish radio. Highlights include:

Joe Duffy - "What's a bag of yokes"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Willie O'Dea - "“It portrays me as selling hash, and swearing on my tache that it’s good hash”

Republic of Telly guy: you must have written a lot of letters complaining when 50 Cent was top of the charts

Joe Duffy: In fairness now, Willie O'Dea wasn't endorsing 60 cent

Rubberbandits guy: He loves 2Pac

http://soundcloud.com/rubberbanditsiv/rubberbandits-willie-odea-on-rte-liveline

That's great fun. How has the traveller community reacted?

I didn't take it as anything to do with travellers, more "chavs" for want of a better word

Here's the audio of Liveline from earlier, it's pretty much the greatest thing ever put out on Irish radio. Highlights include:

Joe Duffy - "What's a bag of yokes"

Willie O'Dea - "“It portrays me as selling hash, and swearing on my tache that it’s good hash”

Republic of Telly guy: you must have written a lot of letters complaining when 50 Cent was top of the charts

Joe Duffy: In fairness now, Willie O'Dea wasn't endorsing 60 cent

Rubberbandits guy: He loves 2Pac

http://soundcloud.com/rubberbanditsiv/rubberbandits-willie-odea-on-rte-liveline

I didn't take it as anything to do with travellers, more "chavs" for want of a better word

Haha that's quality. Anthony needs to get a life.