crisps

TV shows (but not GoT)

Possibly the greatest concept in TV history.

Wouldn't have thought so.

If there was one, it would be one of the Wombles, The Goodies or the Tellytubbies surely.

Imagine Giant Tellytubby Zombies rampaging through london with their angry zombie Kitten, giant angry Zombie golden Geese that tidied up after themselves.

Possibly the greatest concept in TV history.

i remember there being a quantum leap episode (possibly involving a magician) where the person sam was trying to 'save' turned out to be satan wanting a word with sam about mucking about through time putting right all the stuff the devil had made wrong. scary genius it was.

i remember there being a quantum leap episode (possibly involving a magician) where the person sam was trying to 'save' turned out to be satan wanting a word with sam about mucking about through time putting right all the stuff the devil had made wrong. scary genius it was.

There was also a female leaper minion of Satan knocking about the place at one point.

Life On Mars = The Sweeney + Quantum Leap.

But nowhere near as good.

Recently finished the Generation Kill book and am two thirds of the way through the DVD's.

Superb stuff. The book is obviously better but the screen version is a really good adaptation imo. Well worth a watch.

Amen .. although 6 episodes in the first season is a little bit mean, I hear there's twice as many lined up for the second.

Seems to be playing along with its comic strategy. 6motnhs of comics and a TPB, now I know the series isn't exaclty the same as the comic as there are a few diferences, but I think it still follows the general structure of how the story pans out. Great comic to start off with, but then after a while it reverted to general Zombie type, but then there is only so far you can go with something new in Zombies before you ahve to revert to type.

IF people went down with the real facts of Zombies in films, then Zombies wouldn't last that long anyway....

IF people went down with the real facts of Zombies in films, then Zombies wouldn't last that long anyway....

Real facts? Real? You really need to get out more ;)

Just started downloading Raising Hope, not a bad start

Started watching that on Sky. Not bad at all

Started watching that on Sky. Not bad at all

The one last week (in America) with Jason Lee was funny, watch out for the My Name is Earl reference, Hawaii Five -O tonight and then Walking Dead

boardwalk empire has turned out alright. wasn't sure about a couple of the main characters to begin with but have ended up enjoying it.

Just recorded first episode of first series of Breaking Bad on FX last night. Meant to be brilliant, so looking forward to this. And as a double bonus. The second series is starting on Five US next week, so will record that and have a Breaking Bad marathon.

Watched the first series of Justified, which I thought was excellent. Timothy Olyphant was ace, as is Walton Goggins, who was brilliant in The Shield too. Seems like the new series starts in Feb in the US, so may get onto that too.

True Blood Series 3 starts next Friday on FX, if anyone is interested. Dont mind a little bit of Bon Temps trash viewing

Edited by roegahnn

True Blood Series 3 starts next Friday on FX, if anyone is interested. Dont mind a little bit of Bon Temps trash viewing

Series 3 is excellent, a real return to form after series 2.

I hadn't realised Boardwalk Empire was already out there, working from home just got so much better.

I see Sky have launched Sky Atlantic, which is where all HBO shows will now be on - convieniently not available to Virgin/BT customers. Will have Boardwalk Empire, Treme, S5 of Mad Men etc on.

Series 3 is excellent, a real return to form after series 2.

I hadn't realised Boardwalk Empire was already out there, working from home just got so much better.

Glad to hear about True Blood.

Boardwalk Empire starts in Feb on Sky. Looking forward to that. in HD!

I see Sky have launched Sky Atlantic, which is where all HBO shows will now be on - convieniently not available to Virgin/BT customers. Will have Boardwalk Empire, Treme, S5 of Mad Men etc on.

Mad Men isn't HBO is it?

That Sky Atlantic thing looks good.

Just ordered Mad Men seasons 1-3 on DVD not seen any of them yet. Looking forward to it.

Mad Men isn't HBO is it?

No, it's AMC I think - should say Sky Atlantic doesn't seem to be limited to just HBO.

Mad Men isn't HBO is it?

AMC, but Sky bought the rights and will be showing it on Sky Atlantic.

I was on holiday when the last double episode of Lost was on last Christmas, and the Sky+ failed. Having watched every episode over the course of 5 years and 6 series it was a f*cking nightmare!

Anyway finally got to watch them last week as the whole final series was repeated on Sky 2 - I liked the ending, it was good if not shocking or spectacular.

Edited by Leo No.8

I was on holiday when the last double episode of Lost was on last Christmas, and the Sky+ failed. Having watched every episode over the course of 5 years and 6 series it was a f*cking nightmare!

Anyway finally got to watch them last week as the whole final series was repeated on Sky 2 - I liked the ending, it was good if not shocking or spectacular.

The last series was so bad it was untrue. Major disappointment