Sign in to follow this  
Superjay

TV comedy gone to s**te

Rev was quite funny again last night. Can't see it ever really getting out of third gear though.

Borat is magnificent.

Fone/Facejacker is good too.

Agreed.. you would like La La Land then Des.. as Manx says above some of it you watch through your fingers cos its quite uncomfortable but it's out there with FaceJacker and the last series of Curb as the best comedy of the last 12 months for me.. i've got all the eps on dvd - if you want a copy PM me and see if i can convince you to jump on the bandwagon!

Some of those Facejacker masks though...no way, man, how could anyone believe they were real and that?

Some of those Facejacker masks though...no way, man, how could anyone believe they were real and that?

I dunno, they are almost like you would have to stare at them as you wouldn't be sure, hence letting you guard down.

Terry Tibbs on QVC though, yer one looked ready to have kittens by the end.

Last series of Curb Your Enthusiasm was out of this world.

It was great.

The Office (US) and South Park were pretty watchable as well.

Rev was quite funny again last night. Can't see it ever really getting out of third gear though.

Agreed. Picked back up from the second show... the supporting characters could make it like a series of fast show esque recurring skits if they don't develop esp the door stepping scrounger

Love The Mighty Boosh.

Nooooooooo!

Terry Tibbs on QVC though, yer one looked ready to have kittens by the end.

That was brilliant, I was crying at the end of that.

When it's good it's very very good.

You have more patience than me, Des clearly...everytime I catch a bit of it it looks terrible.

I think the mighty boosh suffers a bit from 'trying to be trendy for the kids' disease.

Its funny in parts though. Maybe that's why old gits like me and fyds don't find it hilarious.

We've been watching that Miranda. Its stupid, very old fashioned and relies mainly on making fun of Miranda Hart for being a big and tall woman who falls down a lot. It really should not work at all, but it does though.

We've been watching that Miranda. Its stupid, very old fashioned and relies mainly on making fun of Miranda Hart for being a big and tall woman who falls down a lot. It really should not work at all, but it does though.

She's very likeable, and has perfected the art of mugging to camera. Its not particularly challenging comedy, but its very enjoyable.

It reminds me, in style, of Jam & Jerusalem. Not laugh out loud hilarious, but more gentle, and simply makes you watch the whole thing with a big grin.

I like Miranda, good little show that.

She has an interesting family background, all peerages and owning castles. Her dad, Captain David Hart-Dyke RN commanded HMS Coventry in the 1982 Falklands War when it was sunk by Argentine Air Force A-4 Skyhawks, according to her Wiki page.

I hate Miranda Hart.

Haven't seen her sitcom. But I also hate the practise of comedians getting their own sitcom and titling it with their forename. Their character usually has a different surname from them. It's trite and it's s****.

Roseanne, Ellen, Billy, etc.

John would be a rotten sitcom

Careful, is there anything incriminating about you on the interweb anywhere? Don't make John angry, you wouldn't like him when he's angry.

Careful, is there anything incriminating about you on the interweb anywhere? Don't make John angry, you wouldn't like him when he's angry.

I've got loads on him. Got a photo and everything. He's wearing a silly hat.

I hate Miranda Hart.

Haven't seen her sitcom. But I also hate the practise of comedians getting their own sitcom and titling it with their forename. Their character usually has a different surname from them. It's trite and it's s****.

Roseanne, Ellen, Billy, etc.

Freddie starring Freddie Prinze jr is awful too

Saw rev last night it was decent, it reminds me of Partridge series 2.

I also need to declare my love for the headmistress, I've still got the hots for her from when she was in that awful Reggie Perrin remake with Martin Clunes.

Edited by ManxRed