Sign in to follow this  
Superjay

TV comedy gone to s**te

I saw Dirty Sexy Money for the first time last night. That's funnier than anything that's funny. That's well weirdo, the surreal subtext being imagining the actors responses to the script, the shooting, the edit, the everything. Mad programme, completely bonkers.

What I was trying to get at is that its uncomfortable, you watch a lot of it through your fingers, while at the same time its done on real members of the public in a pranky style. He's conning real members of the public to be in what is in effect a very uncomfortable sit com.

Maybe Borat is a better comparison on reflection.

The bit where he pursuaded some bloke and his mates to take part in a documentary film that would be shot in one take only, and got to take 77 or something. I couldn't hold my wee wee in at that point.

see that would convince me further not to watch it.....i really f***ing hate that...candid camera, game for a laugh, trigger happy tv, borat etc etc.

bunch of f***ing c**** the lot of them.

see that would convince me further not to watch it.....i really f***ing hate that...candid camera, game for a laugh, trigger happy tv, borat etc etc.

You're lumping Borat in what that s****??

Glad to see no one's mentioned Mongrels yet.

Now THAT'S a pile of sh*te.

I like it :oops:

Borat is magnificent.

Fone/Facejacker is good too.

No he's not.

Thank f*ck.

I like it :oops:

Never seen it but just looked it up on IMDB and see it has Katy Brand in it.

Katy Brand.

Never seen it but just looked it up on IMDB and see it has Katy Brand in it.

Katy Brand.

I watched an episode. An endless stream of jokes about animals sniffing other animals *rses. I larrffed and larrffed and larrffed.

The trailer was enough for anyone surely?

why would they show the same trailer over and over and over again?

is that what people want? stolid repetition of the same tired...oh right yeah, never mind the buzzc***s is on again

why would they show the same trailer over and over and over again?

is that what people want? stolid repetition of the same tired...oh right yeah, never mind the buzzc***s is on again

when's the book out Dunc?

Watched Sean Lock up stand up on Paramount the other week, think he is brilliant

Watched it for the second time myself, funny as. Love the bit he does blowing his hand-wig fringe and flicking his head over.

s*** comedy? There can only be one winner - My Family. What a load of f***ing toss. Last night saw the start of the 10th series of this pile of f***ing frivel.

I told Mrs Bootser that if someone put a blank piece of paper in front of me I could write a better script. In fact the blank piece of paper would already have had a head start.

I was forced at gunpoint to watch that as well. I didn't laugh once - embarrassing.

Did you stay tuned for The Old Guys afterwards? Dear me, it was even worse.

IT Crowd was quite funny last night. In parts. The court scene was stupid, but Renham continues to steal the shoe completely and the kiss on the a*** was laugh out loud funny.

Still waiting for the IT crowd to produce another episode to the quality of the disabled theatre one

That was brilliant

IT Crowd is hit and miss. Doesn't compare favourably with Father Ted, Black Books or Big Train in my opinion.

In terms of TV comedy, South Park still wins for me.

Still waiting for the IT crowd to produce another episode to the quality of the disabled theatre one

That was brilliant

good that was

That was brilliant

Ts had some brilliant moments, jen with shoes too small, Roy in the wheelchair, denholms face when Richmond handed his mother the cradle of filth cd etc. I have to say I'm really enjoying this season, Douglas leading the workout made me p155.

I watched an episode. An endless stream of jokes about animals sniffing other animals *rses. I larrffed and larrffed and larrffed.

Only it wasn't an endless stream, was it? It was just a five-minute bit. It's not life-changing, but it makes me laugh a few times over the course of half an hour. And Katy Brand isn't physically on screen, thankfully

The Roaul Moat show was funny.

Started out funny enough - I thought Frank Skinner in drag with that funny wig playing a high ranking copper was good for a laugh but it went a bit down the drain in the end.