By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The Ebor meeting at York

Earl Hafler

Day 1

Poet's Voice 2.15

Godawful are now actually having winners and this horse looks well capable of following up his recent win.

Jukebox Jury 2.50

won last time out over shorter but this step up in trip should suit and he's good each way value.

Yorgunnabelucky 4.15

won his season opener by 16 lengths before disappointing on rain sodden ground last time. Back on quick ground, this full brother to the awesome Shamardal should resume his progression and i think he's a Group horse running off a weight of only 79 - Already rated 92, gets his 3 year old allowance for this race. 10-1 could look a big race come the finish line.

For the main event tomorrow, i think it's down to 3. The Coolmore favourite Changingoftheguard has obvious claims as he's a Group horse rated 107+ running off a mark of 95. He could be a stone well in. I also fancy Ajaan and Desert Sea, both available at 20-1. They're both still improving as stayers and will have conditions and track to suit and whilst they're obviously not as well handicapped as the favourite, they're both capable of getting a place and represent value for money. Most bookies will be paying first 5 so shop around for value.