By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Treats when you were a kid.

SkippyjonJones

What was considered a treat for you…

Just had a flashback (no idea why) about staying at my Grans in a little village and a treat was getting dinner from the fish and chip van on a Tuesday night. Mind you anything not cooked by my Gran was a treat – wonderful person, terrible cook.

sweets on a sunday afternoon. After Sunday lunch we went over to the sweet shop and got sweets for the whole family, e.g. Dad would have a 1/4 of Everton mints or Licorice and blackcurrant, Mum would have a Topic and I could have a 1/4 of strawberry sherberts and/or a Mars bar.

Sunday night we would have banana butties.

chocolate was. old man pushed his bike down the alley near ours and on a friday he maybe had a packet of tutti-frooties and a bag of peanut treats.

Ostrich Man will have a filed day with that

EDIT: what the f*** is wrong with my fat fingers? can't manage a single post without a typo these days

Edited by Kvarme Ate My Food

A small bottle of coke and a packet of crisps if we ever (rarely) went anywhere that had a bar. At Christmas my Mum would get us a bottle of Cherryade, Coke, Limeade, Shandy and 2x Lemonade from the Corona van that used to come around, but we had to be careful with the bottles 'cause Mum had to get the cash back off them when he came back around after Christmas.

I was spoiled. I once washed my dads car - and we have to stretch the use of the word ' washed ' here as i threw a sponge at it and hosed it for a couple of minutes - and was rewarded with that Astro Wars console game.

f*** you Big Stuff, I wanted that Astro Wars. There was a lad by us who had all the latest games. He even had a hand held Donkey Kong.

I bet neither he, nor Big Stuff had to collect litter. I used to be dying of embarrassment when my mates came to knock for me and i'd be out on the drive in my slippers with a carrier bag picking up crisp packets and chip wrappers.

f*** you Big Stuff, I wanted that Astro Wars. There was a lad by us who had all the latest games. He even had a hand held Donkey Kong.

I bet neither he, nor Big Stuff had to collect litter. I used to be dying of embarrassment when my mates came to knock for me and i'd be out on the drive in my slippers with a carrier bag picking up crisp packets and chip wrappers.

Astro Wars, Munchman, that Dukes Of Hazard barn and barrel set. I had a scrap pile at one end of the courtyard where i wrecked cars after a couple of weeks and used it in Sweeney type chase sequences.

f***ing nutter :rolleyes:

the old theme music for sportsnight was a big treat in my fledgling days as an LFC fan. my da would waken me up at 9.25pm to let me come downstairs to watch the footy highlights when i was about 7 or 8.

when he and i occasionally did the grocery shopping around the same age, he'd always get in a bottle of dr pepper, kp beef 'n' onion flavour crisps, and a pack of mini mars bars (so much nicer than regular size mars. FACT!) as a treat.

:D

going nowhere near that.

though they do say that people who go alone to south east asia were probably made to go alone to south east asia when they were kids.

Edited by Ostrich Man

Going to the library was a bit of a treat, as well as my dad bringing back Football Monthlies and Beano comic libraries from the Service Station if he'd been away with work.

Used to get an egg-cup of Smarties to eat to stop me crying while my mum took splinters out.

Edited by Paul Caruso

EDIT: what the f*** is wrong with my fat fingers? can't manage a single post without a typo these days

i was decidedly drunk when i typed that and it showed. i also spelled 'treets' wrong.