By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Rat In Mi Kitchen

pipnasty

I was looking out of our kitchen window last week when I saw, what looked like, a rat scurrying up the side of the garden. I didn't think much more of it as we now live in the country and the occasional rat is not really a problem.

Then on Saturday, I saw another (the same?) rat outside of the kitchen - quite a big f***er too. I watched it to see where it was going expecting it to run up towards the back of the garden again. Until, that is, it turned around and darted into a small hole in our kitchen wall and disappeared. It now seems like we have a lovely family of f***ing vermin living somehwere under our kitchen. God knows where the hole goes to but in theory, it could go into our cellar. My girlfriend is terrified of rats, so of course I immediately told her about the family of large, vicious rats living under us. She now won't go into the back garden at all.

Anybody else have / had rats? What's the best thing to do? Apart from run to the hills.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Call the council.

They are resistant to a lot of poison and bullets bpounce off the big muscly f***ers.

Never had them in my house fortunately, but when I was living in london they were renovating a derelict building about 100 yards from our gaff and it caused them to appear all over the shop. They are creepy f***ers. I stood on one by accident and I swear it saw my foot coming, flipped onto it's back, caught my foot with its paws and pushed it away using it's enormous strength.

I responded by squealing like a stuck pig.

I found some mouse droppings in one of my kitchen cupboards the other day unfortunately most the mice in my house are the products of the cats getting bored of them once they have played with them for a bit.

Rats are devious sods so prob best to get a proper pest controller in otherwise you will never get rid of em

Unless the hole is there for decoration why would you not want to close it up? Also if you want to close it up and you know rats have used it as a passage way would you rather use paper or chewing gum to make their life harder? As a matter of fact cement with some broken glass in it does the trick. You can then plaster over the hole or else you can leave the hole open and enjoy Ratapipnastytoulle's company.

don't do what i did when i was living out in the country once, and liberally spread warfarin around outside where i thought they were hanging out. killed every bird in the known vicinity

:unsure: