By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

London torch relay

Guest Si

Unbelievable scenes! So much for the all-embracing, friendship promoting, unity hyperbole spouted by the Chinese Olympic organisers! To see the torch surrounded by three and sometimes four rings of police and security is a mockery.

Fair play to the Free Tibet Movement :applause:

water balloons at the ready!

The coverage of it is w*** - the real reasons for the protests are being overlooked while celebrities and news anchors bemoan the actions of the protesters for letting the country down :rolleyes:

A news site over here says the torch had be paraded inside a bus at one point, which I find hilarious. Hope this stuff goes on in the other upcoming cities as well.

yeah just a few mins ago I was watching on bbc news and snowballs were thrown at the torch and the cops went crazy! loads of people dragged about etc and then they ran the torch into a bus!

Metropolitan Police Commander Jo Kaye denied officers had been heavy-handed with some protesters.

"Our duty is to see that that torch is taken safely and securely to the end of its route. We're doing that. We're on schedule. The convoy has kept going according to schedule all the way,"

Is that really the 'duty' of the metropolitan police??

It all got a bit Chris Morris yesterday when someone tried to grab the torch off Connie Huck. The BBC reporter said the man was thrown to the ground by 20 police officers and came out with the immortal line. 'He broke through an actually got his hands on the torch for a brief second'

FFS, we laughed so hard we missed our junction !!!!

Metropolitan Police Commander Jo Kaye denied officers had been heavy-handed with some protesters.

"Our duty is to see that that torch is taken safely and securely to the end of its route. We're doing that. We're on schedule. The convoy has kept going according to schedule all the way,"

Is that really the 'duty' of the metropolitan police??

I always thought it was to protect the citizenry and uphold the law. But then Murph's mate was happy to use them as strike breakers...

didnt know the torch relay was only introduced by the Nazis for the 1936 berlin games....see they werent all bad.

Yeah - they had a thing about torches...it was also the first televised games, in glorious black and white - unfortunately for Der Fuhrer, most of the 'black' was Jessie Owens :)

Highlight for me was when Konnie Huq was asked afterwards whether she was (as she'd claimed she might) wearing a "Free Tibet" under her tracksuit and she replied "I'm not wearing anything under my tracksuit".

Saucy minx.

Highlight for me was when Konnie Huq was asked afterwards whether she was (as she'd claimed she might) wearing a "Free Tibet" under her tracksuit and she replied "I'm not wearing anything under my tracksuit".

Saucy minx.

Fantastic!

She probably wanted to save L4_Lad a bit of time later on.

Edited by ManxRed

Saucy minx.

ha! yeah I heard that

the lowpoint was Duncan Goodhugh (sp?) mouthing off about how the protesters had let the country down - what a w*****

ha! yeah I heard that

the lowpoint was Duncan Goodhugh (sp?) mouthing off about how the protesters had let the country down - what a w*****

Aye, what an a***.

Funny thing about all this is that the "Free Tibet" protests are probably doing more to bring the nations of the world together than any bunch of lycra clad, steroidal meat bags grunting and coughing their way through the Beijing smog.