By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Getting Sky

Guest Sabre

Hi,

Does anyone know if there's any chance of Sky negotiating on a deal for a new subscriber?

Specifically, I already own a Sky+ box (bought a special edition one with some wedding money) and I want to get all the channels but with multi-room as well. However, they charge £10 a month for multi-room.

Any chance they might drop the extra charge for multi-room?

Get the movie channels for a month also so the wife feels she is gaining something too..............

Well, we just had a discussion about 'it'...

She says that she would rather I didn't get the sports and thinks we should get the movies so that we can both enjoy the TV together, whereas sports will alienate her.

To hell with that, I don't mind paying £42 a month for every single Sky channel. However, I do take issue with paying £52 to be able to send her to the other room (or vice versa) so that we can watch different channels...

ok. sorry.. whats the difference between normal sky box and a limited edition one coz the normal sky plus box is free now..

No worries, mate :)

Oh, the only difference is that this one is designed by Farrow and Ball - special edition cover, basically.

We paid nothing for it though as we used vouchers from our wedding. The two of us have never had Sky before (although I've lived with it for years when living with my parents) so, without sounding silly, this is quite a big step for us.

Also, does anyone know if you can change the package after say, three months if you are a new subscriber?

ok. sorry.. whats the difference between normal sky box and a limited edition one coz the normal sky plus box is free now..

Just looked at the Sky website again and it says that it costs £89 for a Sky+ box/installation so unless I'm misunderstanding you, I don't think it is free

For everyone's info

Just spoke to them. If you subscribe to Sky+ as a new subscriber, you get 4 months half price, and you can change the package at any time. Most people change after 4 months, simply because they find that they don't watch half the channels. What I plan to do is keep the full package for the four months as £20.50 a month is great value, before dropping the sports while it's "off-season" and trialling it without to see if I cope.

No negotiation on multi-room, although I doubt we really need it.