By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Ruddock leaves Welsh post

charlie clown

From what I've heard so far, this is the story. Ruddock lost the changing room. He'd become a bit of a joke with senior team members and they were treating the skills coach with far more reverence. He's the bloke who has just taken over whose name escapes me.

Anyway, the "family reasons" excuse is plausible too.

It may have been best for everyone all around.

Supposedly the new coach is a real talent, so don't panic!

From what I've heard so far, this is the story. Ruddock lost the changing room. He'd become a bit of a joke with senior team members and they were treating the skills coach with far more reverence. He's the bloke who has just taken over whose name escapes me.

Anyway, the "family reasons" excuse is plausible too.

It may have been best for everyone all around.

Supposedly the new coach is a real talent, so don't panic!

Scott Johnson is the guy who's taken over. Undoubtedly good at his job and seems to have the respect of the changing room. However, if he's been complicit in events then that leaves a nasty taste......but! he'd be my choice over any Welsh coach (simply not up to it) to take over the role full time.

Apparently the players referred to Ruddock as "bus" - implying that Johnson was the real coach. Says it all.

Scott Johnson is the guy who's taken over. Undoubtedly good at his job and seems to have the respect of the changing room. However, if he's been complicit in events then that leaves a nasty taste......but! he'd be my choice over any Welsh coach (simply not up to it) to take over the role full time.

Apparently the players referred to Ruddock as "bus" - implying that Johnson was the real coach. Says it all.

Some talk though that Johnson's going to coach the Wallabies?

Some talk though that Johnson's going to coach the Wallabies?

Yep. Looked -before yesterday at least - as though he was about to depart. Though if he's offered the job with Wales and allowed to bring in his own team then things may alter.

Taking a rather unscientifc poll of fans down this way he would be the logical choice ahead of any Welsh coach. Given this popularity (though without being fully au fait with his role in events) he would seem to be the logical choice. With this info at hand it is highly likely the WRU will not give the job to him. :hmm:

It pains me to say it, but this whole affair is typically Welsh with respect to rugby.

Edited by Newport Red