By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Australia v South Africa..

madaboutlfc

Risk a loss in order to win, no risk no glory and all that

If he's afraid of collapsing then he should take up some less risky occupations

And he ain't just holding an end up, he was holding the entire bloody team up

1140025[/snapback]

We'll agree to disagree on this one. He is frustrating but i'd rather we draw this test given our dominant performance than chuck it on a whim. Not the result this team needs at the moment. We're mentally frail, dontcha know ;)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll agree to disagree on this one. He is frustrating but i'd rather we draw this test given our dominant performance than chuck it on a whim. Not the result this team needs  at the moment. We're mentally frail, dontcha know ;)

1140070[/snapback]

Jy verstaan nie, Snoeker. Ons moet six-or-nicks crickiet spiel soos die sout-piels en dan kan ons ook 2-0 teen Pakistan verloor.

Risk a loss in order to win, no risk no glory and all that

If he's afraid of collapsing then he should take up some less risky occupations

And he ain't just holding an end up, he was holding the entire bloody team up

1140025[/snapback]

Think that was Englands problem in Pakistan. Caught between attack and defence (or should that be - no defence).

Still think the Smith does far too much talking, but there you go....

Jy verstaan nie, Snoeker. Ons moet six-or-nicks crickiet spiel soos die sout-piels en dan kan ons ook 2-0 teen Pakistan verloor.

1140077[/snapback]

Aha! Die Kevin Pietersen alles of niks benadering. Dom van my om hierdie uitstekende plan te vergeet. *fluister saggies* Dis anyway Hansie se blueprint ;)

Also check the irony of the English playing all out attack as espoused by the same man who made Kallis the player he is today. :bleh:

Still think the Smith does far too much talking, but there you go....

1140098[/snapback]

Disliked the c*** ever since he made his debut, has surpass Ganguly in the tosser stakes, although he's still quite a way off from Ranatunga as the King of Toss

And South Africa has nothing to lose, contrary to what you said, Snoeker, if they draw or lose this Test, they'd still lose the series, and losing the series 1-0 or 2-0 doesn't really make much of a difference. Smith said before the match he'd go for the win if it means he might lose, it's time for him to walk the walk as well

Posts merged:

Also check the irony of the English playing all out attack as espoused by the same man who made Kallis the player he is today.  :bleh:

1140109[/snapback]

Never said Kallis should play like Flintoff and go for the tonk all the time, I have no problems with the way he bats normally (I already stated that), but yesterday, the circumstance did not warrant him being the usual grinder that he is, the team needed him to score quick runs, and he couldn't do it

...and a mathmetician, remember the last World Cup?  :cool:

1141060[/snapback]

:lol: that was bloody funny though..

Posts merged:

I nearly fell off my chair when Smith declared leaving a run rate of 3.77 per over - what was he thinking ?

1141092[/snapback]

to be fair he went for the win.. I can see some logic in it.. though not much

he had no choice but to make a game of it

1-0 down in the series, last test of the series

best chance he had to win and tieing the series was giving the aussies a reachable target and hope his bowlers do some damage on a fifth day track -

fair play to the aussies and ponting in particular

Feck we should have played like old England. Bat till the chance of a result is gone and then bowl legside. QED.

Smith (well he kept his word about "brave cricket") might have missed a trick here. I would have considered batting all day to extract some of the juice from the Aussie bowlers, especially considering that we have a return series in a month or so in SA. You know Warne would have bowled at least 20. \

But then he would be slated as negative. Ah well.

:lol:  that was bloody funny though..

Posts merged:

to be fair he went for the win.. I can see some logic in it.. though not much

1141096[/snapback]

He gave his team a day to bowl out Australia.

Maybe if they had a better bowling attack we wouldn't be questioning him? Or if Ntini was fit?

3.77 runs per over on the last day of a Test Match is not always easy, while at the same time it's tempting for the batting side to "have a go" as opposed to playing for the draw.

I have a feeling it'll be alot closer in South Africa.

Posts merged:

Feck we should have played like old England. Bat till the chance of a result is gone and then bowl legside. QED.

1141554[/snapback]

I've seen Zimbabwe do that against England. Funny as feck.

They had a simple field, with most of them on the boundary and they just bowled deliveries that'd be wides in One Dayers.

Zimbabwe saved that Test Match and all the players were honoured in King Robert the First's Honours list... :bleh:

but they later had their farms confiscated. ;)

He gave his team a day to bowl out Australia.

Maybe if they had a better bowling attack we wouldn't be questioning him? Or if Ntini was fit?

3.77 runs per over on the last day of a Test Match is not always easy, while at the same time it's tempting for the batting side to "have a go" as opposed to playing for the draw.

I have a feeling it'll be alot closer in South Africa.

Posts merged:

I've seen Zimbabwe do that against England. Funny as feck.

They had a simple field, with most of them on the boundary and they just bowled deliveries that'd be wides in One Dayers.

Zimbabwe saved that Test Match and all the players were honoured in King Robert the First's Honours list...  :bleh:

but they later had their farms confiscated.  ;)

1142603[/snapback]

that'll learn then :unsure:

I was being sarcastic anny road, they didn't really get honoured by their ruler.

Which nation would be so daft to include an entire Cricket squad in their honours list?  :wacko:

1142625[/snapback]

and I was talking about there farms being confiscated

"That'll learn them"

Keep up kidda :D