By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Careers

FakeNewsBear

thinking about applying to the S.O.C.O. but the recruitment process is weird and very hard if your not a serving officer.........any plod in here that can help me out with any insider info............wont pass vetting for police i dont think :wacko:

1114017[/snapback]

They vet the police?

Can't be that hard, a bloke I knew at Uni joined the police and he was the dodgiest, most amoral person I met there.

Scenes Of Crime Officer.

I work for West Mercia and after the regional call centres closed alot of the staff changed jobs to avoid travelling. Loads of telephone operators joined the regular police and some became soco's. I was quite surprised as I imagined you would need some existing scientific expertise/qualifications to do that role.

thinking about applying to the S.O.C.O. but the recruitment process is weird and very hard if your not a serving officer.........any plod in here that can help me out with any insider info............wont pass vetting for police i dont think :wacko:

1114017[/snapback]

Has someone been watching too much CSI? :bleh:

The bloke who turns up at your burgled flat 3 weeks after it was burgled and declares there's precious little evidence remaining for the police to put a decent case together.

You're welcome.

1114375[/snapback]

It was a woman who came to mine to make that decision. The police however, never responded to the first call, I had to walk down to the station and complain the next day. Apparently, the call wasn't carried over to the next shift. I call at 9pm on a Tuesday, they respond at 3pm on a Wednesday.

Only it was next Wednesday.

There's a rant in here somewhere, because it turned out to be me this fecker living in the house, but I can't be arsed...

And he was a red!

They vet the police?

Can't be that hard, a bloke I knew at Uni joined the police and he was the dodgiest, most amoral person I met there.

1114078[/snapback]

Is he a Chief Inspector now?