Sign in to follow this  
Tommy Cockles

Trent Alexander-Arnold

Good read.

His ceiling is incredibly high. I think the biggest question is whether we aim to develop him into one of the best full backs in Europe, or change his position. He’s got all the tools to play in the centre of midfield but do you want to mess with that when he’s coming on so well?

My friends son played with him at the academy - he reckons that full back is his least effective position

Clyneee is due back soon, hopefully Trent gets a chance in midfield when we have more options at RB

Clyne won't start a game this season 

I know he's due back - I just can't see Klopp starting him unless it's a dead game. On the bench and time with the U23s I reckon, back properly for next season 

I know he's due back - I just can't see Klopp starting him unless it's a dead game. On the bench and time with the U23s I reckon, back properly for next season

Klopp just needs to get that woman to turn up to training.

‘Go on Clynee f*ck off, see you next season’.

Edited by Leo No.8

He played a through ball in the 2nd half which was a thing of beauty. Our two full backs are flying at the moment, and TAA has the ability to be as good as anyone.

He’s the most naturally gifted young player we’ve produced since Gerrard (Sterling is brilliant and obviously a better player overall, but for pure technique and talent TAA is special) and he reminds me of Stevie all the time.

His quality with delivery and passing for a RB is off the scale, I’m not sure whether we’ll be able to keep him there - he’s almost too good a footballer to stay as a RB.

Edited by Leo No.8

He played a through ball in the 2nd half which was a thing of beauty. Our two full backs are flying at the moment, and TAA has the ability to be as good as anyone.

He’s the most naturally gifted young player we’ve produced since Gerrard (Sterling is brilliant and obviously a better player overall, but for pure technique and talent TAA is special) and he reminds me of Stevie all the time.

His quality with delivery and passing for a RB is off the scale, I’m not sure whether we’ll be able to keep him there - he’s almost too good a footballer to stay as a RB.

V high bar, but Lahm comes to mind as a player who could run the game from fullback and flip seamlessly into central midfield.

Trent sees a lot of passes most fullbacks just don't, midfielders ones, and it's so hard to play against. Milner was similar at left back in how he used the ball, but whilst that covered for not having the natural width of a quicker left footed player, no such issue for Trent

He takes ages on throw ins.

Obvious since the Man City game when he got booked for time-wasting first half when their fans got right on his back. One area of his game he really needs to work on - and the players need to recognise that and give him good options 

Obvious since the Man City game when he got booked for time-wasting first half when their fans got right on his back. One area of his game he really needs to work on - and the players need to recognise that and give him good options

Yeah he seems to run the risk at least once a game now.

He was terrible v west brom and that could have ruined a lesser players confidence but he's bounced back brilliantly the last three games

He was terrible v west brom and that could have ruined a lesser players confidence but he's bounced back brilliantly the last three games

You look at Mourinho chucking younger players under the bus when they have a bad game - and you're thankful that Klopp's around to manage them through it to become better players 

All this talk of him as a midfielder, I don’t see it with us.

Not enough of a threat to play wide in a forward position for us. Has everything to be a great fullback. Really want to see him become the permanent fixture there because there are two great opportunities in this team to be up alongside a narrow front three.