Sign in to follow this  
stressederic

Kansas City, Missouri

Today was my last day in the archive. I've taken 4,463 photos of material over the last 2 weeks.

The sheer amount of stuff is staggering but the bits I've found have been amazing.

If anyone wants to see some snippets I can give you a link to some of the pictures.

Sounds incredible.

Slightly resurrecting this, but I've been going through the thousands of bloody photos I took from the archive recently.

Thought people might be interested in seeing what happened to African-American soldiers who had been fighting for weeks when, after the Armistice, they began the process of returning home and met some Military Police.

https://twitter.com/ChrisKempshall/status/919946843903135744

How are you making out with publishing your work mate?

I owe a book draft on it to my publisher at the beginning of March next year and then the book should be out towards November/December time.

I can let you know when it's about to be published. no idea how much it'll be yet. There'll be a hardback version and then hopefully a paperback further down the line. I might be able to get some discount codes too.

I would like a free signed copy.

Seems reasonable. I'll need you buy me a good pen for it though to ensure the signature lasts. The one I'm thinking of costs about the same as the book. 

Oh I've no doubt it will be. Pretty sure my last one was. Although people are also selling that on eBay and Amazon for more than it normally costs, so who knows.

Book manuscript isn't going in until the first week of March but the front cover is largely finalised and it doesn't half make me happy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DU9ZQWAW0AM2Env.jpg:large

That’s great.

Who did the cover ? In the style of those 40s and 50s British and Australian comic covers which were often former servicemen