By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Decent steak in Liverpool?

Cunny

went to Rookwood yesterday, it is ok but not great. Wouldn't be rushing back.

Well I liked it. Had the T-Bone to share and it was cooked lovely

House wine was good too. Slightly strange surroundings though

FYI a couple of my friends reckon the best steak is at Cloverhitch so might be worth trying there

Well I liked it. Had the T-Bone to share and it was cooked lovely

House wine was good too. Slightly strange surroundings though

FYI a couple of my friends reckon the best steak is at Cloverhitch so might be worth trying there

Yeah, I meant to follow up my post to say that it might not be the right kind of place for a family celebration meal of an evening, depending on your taste/expectations.

FWIW, it felt to me that they were trying for an Almost Famous feel without going quite so over the top - shabby-post-industrial-chic, revealed infrastructure, untreated wood and recovered IBCs. Quite liked it myself.

so Yardbird is open, in the Banksy building

chicken, like in a diner on a roadtrip, Kerouac-style

looks great, tastes great, stencils, and lovely people

what's not to like?

another recommendation: Frederiks on Hope St, next to the Phil pub. Superb, but not for steaks. More pan Euro/American small plate kind of gear

Yeah, I meant to follow up my post to say that it might not be the right kind of place for a family celebration meal of an evening, depending on your taste/expectations.

FWIW, it felt to me that they were trying for an Almost Famous feel without going quite so over the top - shabby-post-industrial-chic, revealed infrastructure, untreated wood and recovered IBCs. Quite liked it myself.

I like it but, as you say, it has a feeling of a burger place (albeit an up market one)

Then they are selling Lobster for £50

Just not sure the vibe (for want of a less s*** word) suits what they are trying to do. But I had a jolly good time

I like it but, as you say, it has a feeling of a burger place (albeit an up market one)

Then they are selling Lobster for £50

Just not sure the vibe (for want of a less s*** word) suits what they are trying to do. But I had a jolly good time

50 quid for lobster? kin hell!!!

• 2 weeks later...