By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Getting the snip..

owenthomas

so i got the snip just over two weeks ago.. the scare we had a few months ago was the final straw and, despite the Mrs saying she would have had another, she realised at that point that actually two is more than enough so yeah, i booked in for the snip..

couple of fella's in work that have had it had mentioned they were only out of action for a few days then everything was right as rain again.. i'm now just over two weeks after having it and still sore.. another lad in work asked me yesterday how i was getting on and when i told him he said it took him three weeks and his mate took five weeks to get right.. anyone else got any experiences of it taking longer than a few days? its pissing me off now... only people i'd spoken to prior to getting it done had said 'few days' so in my head i'd only geared up for that.. i'm sitting here now and 'My Lads' are throbbing.. nightmare on the bus as well all squashed on the seat and bumpy roads....... :unsure:

ps - yes, i have a good idea of what i'm setting myself up for here....

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i got the snip just over two weeks ago.. the scare we had a few months ago was the final straw and, despite the Mrs saying she would have had another, she realised at that point that actually two is more than enough so yeah, i booked in for the snip..

couple of fella's in work that have had it had mentioned they were only out of action for a few days then everything was right as rain again.. i'm now just over two weeks after having it and still sore.. another lad in work asked me yesterday how i was getting on and when i told him he said it took him three weeks and his mate took five weeks to get right.. anyone else got any experiences of it taking longer than a few days? its pissing me off now... only people i'd spoken to prior to getting it done had said 'few days' so in my head i'd only geared up for that.. i'm sitting here now and 'My Lads' are throbbing.. nightmare on the bus as well all squashed on the seat and bumpy roads....... :unsure:/>

ps - yes, i have a good idea of what i'm setting myself up for here....

which one is superfluous then? have a think, tell the superfluous child in question and let the good times roll (with the underage drinking, promiscuity, school dropping out and child psychiatry bills etc)

you wouldn't ask a doctor?

well, at the 'assessment' the doc said to make sure i don't do anything strenuous for at least two weeks.. i thought that was just them being over cautious because, as i say, a couple of lads had said that it only took a few days.. main reason for posting here is that i hope others have suffered for a few weeks like me and can share their pain with me!... :D

i'll give it another week or so before popping the doc's.. i had a feeling it might last a few weeks after the anaesthetic didn't work for my left ball.. :(

Got mine made redundant a few years back. Right as rain/no pain after a day. The main problem was the local anaesthetic sending my heart-rate down to 30ppm, so they kept me in overnight for obs. I now have an egg-size lump that has grown, which feels like a massive third ball, and the NHS are gonna send me over to a private hospital in Eastbourne to get it sorted.

They shouldn't still be giving you gip OT. Go to the doc.

dont listen to Dunc OT....mine were still a bit sore a few weeks later....its different for everyone...a mate of mine was out of action and in pain for a month.,

Got mine made redundant a few years back. Right as rain/no pain after a day. The main problem was the local anaesthetic sending my heart-rate down to 30ppm, so they kept me in overnight for obs. I now have an egg-size lump that has grown, which feels like a massive third ball, and the NHS are gonna send me over to a private hospital in Eastbourne to get it sorted.

i know I shouldnt but...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

fkin 'ell mate, sounds nasty that - hope it's ok...

i'll give it another week or so and if they're still sore then i'll go see the doctor.. just can't wait to get back to normal now.. think i could be in pain now because the anaesthetic didn't work on the left side so felt the scalpel cut my sack, felt him pull the tubes then the scissor snip.. i declined more anaesthetic and told him to just get it done so i blame that! the right hand side was a doddle, didn't feel a thing apart from the needle for the anaesthetic which was a f***ing shock! :D

dont listen to Dunc OT....mine were still a bit sore a few weeks later....its different for everyone...a mate of mine was out of action and in pain for a month.,

:yes:

this is what i need! more of this please! before the op everyone telling me it was a doddle.. only afterwards i've heard a few stories of it lasting longer.. made the mistake of googling it the other night too.. :nono: ..i shouldn't have done that!

still a little black & blue but they're hanging in there mate! :D

explained to my Mrs last night that the only way i can explain how it feels (other than throbbing) is that its as if i have a thong on backwards* and the lads are dangling either side of it.. pretty uncomfortable..

well, what i imagine that feels like......ahem!..... :unsure: