By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Labour Party Conference

Bailo

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only question (well, probably not the only one) is why the feck has he waited til now to criticise the tory NHS hatchet work? He should have been banging that message loud and clear for the last 18 months at least.

He has. They committed to reversing it the day it became law. The main question is whether it's Labours media operation or the right wing press who are preventing the messages getting across.

Unfortunately I think he is personally unelectable.

"Unfortunately"

and what happens after the 20 month freeze? the shadow energy sec has pretty much accused the companies of running a cartel, can't see them taking that lying down (even if its true)

He said they'll be reforming the market to make it more competitive.

He has. They committed to reversing it the day it became law. The main question is whether it's Labours media operation or the right wing press who are preventing the messages getting across.

"Unfortunately"

It is unfortunate, in my opinion.

Do you not agree?

I'm all for it but how does he intend to cut their profits without endangering supplies?

Cut investment, cut renewable subsidy charges, or just make them suck it up as the price of doing business here whilst they find some way to subsidise it all from general taxation. Probably the latter.

Neither. Think some just expect it to be leading the news and current affairs agenda everyday, but it's not something that's soundbite simple

He should state that energy will be returned to the people.

Banks should be nationalised as well.

The NHS to be returned to previous glories with nurses etc replacing managers

He should also state that capitalism has shown itself not to be a viable economic solution to the majorities needs .

He should apologise to the unions for being an egotistical idiot.

Unfortunately he will do none of these things because deep down he is a rich spoilt p**** playing politics

Edited by jimbolala

It is unfortunate, in my opinion.

Do you not agree?

I didn't have you down as someone who would be backing Labour next time round.

I'm all for it but how does he intend to cut their profits without endangering supplies?

You probably get into a poker game with the f*****s. And the government has the bigger weapons. If it comes down to looking like Labour will win, the energy companies will ratchet prices up shortly before an election, but I suppose Miliband's gamble is that in a face off with the likes of EDF and BG, the public won't be siding with the energy firms.

Maybe your assumptions are wrong?

I suppose that possibility exists in theory, although seeing as I can't recall any even remotely left of centre opinions being posted by you in the long years we've inhabited the same forums, it would be eyebrow-raising if I were indeed wrong.

thus proving that the idea that this is a competitive market is horses***

Absolutely. It's a joke.

This is what Labour needs to do - make the majority think labour understands their concerns, while the Tories don't. There should be more announcements of this type to come, such as on train fares, food, and other day to day costs.

Absolutely. It's a joke.

This is what Labour needs to do - make the majority think labour understands their concerns, while the Tories don't. There should be more announcements of this type to come, such as on train fares, food, and other day to day costs.

Say he's going to ban inflation etc by legislation and just freeze and price control everything? I get you're thinking politics, but really?