By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Ultimate hobby/job?

D.Boon

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Run a restaurant. I love cooking, could spend all day trying new recipes out.

Failing that, F1 pitcrew/engineer.

yeah - be the creative one - and employ a good GM and chef to do the work :D

I came very close to doing it last year - then I found a job in Florida and decided that my weekends and evenings were better spent by the pool.

I'd have an arts place. Loads of materials and opportunities to try things out, cheap classes for all age groups, installations, galleries, a soup kitchen style soul food bar. There's more to the vision than this, but you get the gist.

I'd have an arts place. Loads of materials and opportunities to try things out, cheap classes for all age groups, installations, galleries, a soup kitchen style soul food bar. There's more to the vision than this, but you get the gist.

yeah - you want to be the soup nazi

Something you've always wanted to have a go at or something to do when you win the lottery?

I'd love to be a luthier, working with wood to create beautiful musical instruments. This bloke is self taught and makes everything himself......

Amazing

One day.

Something I'd like to do myself one day...

I keep meaning to pop over to these luthiers, their guitars are meant to be great: Brook Guitars

I'd like to ride a donkey through the streets of Soho, and fling books of poetry at pedestrians.

Its SOHO, I am sure you could do that for the right price. You will just have to buy a few drinks from the bar as well.

I reckon Sting probably has a Lute shaped swiimming pool, along with many of the other trapping of success afforded to millionaire pop stars like a large white harpsicord in the sitting room and golden Crumhorn in the downstair loo.

I reckon Sting probably has a Lute shaped swiimming pool, along with many of the other trapping of success afforded to millionaire pop stars like a large white harpsicord in the sitting room and golden Crumhorn in the downstair loo.

And it's DBoon's lottery dream to aid and abet such behaviour. It's an appalling state of affairs.

How much pleasure could you realy get out of crafting a lute if you knew the only c**** likely to buy it were people like Sting?

To be honest I'm pretty much concentrating on guitars, sticking to what i (would like to) know.

Stings welcome to have a browse but he's getting charged a premium and if he so much as plays the first chord of Fields of Gold he's going out. Got to think of the other customers.

My cousin and her hubby own this lovely little place.

It's great doing something you have a real passion for.

Edited by Murphman