By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The G8 gathering

jimbolala

Belfast is normally an insane place per norm. But the run up to this meeting next week has ramped things up to a new level. There is talk of ninjas in hotels guarding the Japanese party, helicopters galore in the sky , schools are closed, work places are closing or encouraging staff to come in early, stories of armed men hidden in camps in Fermanagh , drones are here and to top it all..... We were told to bring extra ID to work with us in case we got stopped on Monday and if the blinds where pulled down we weren't to open them.

It's a magical mixture of fantasy and reality

Edited by jimbolala

A £50 million police bill that's to be recouped via cuts in the PSNI spending is going to hurt.

This is what I don't get. Surely all costs should be covered by the host government, not by a police force that has already spent millions after the fleg crap recently and more millions to be spent with the marching season coming up.

Just back from today's protest. The amount of cops with guns was obscene and that's coming from someone who has lived here all my life. There was easily a few thousand cops in the city centre. They had attack dogs, machine guns and several helicopters ffs. It was a peaceful protest by the unions!!!!

Just back from today's protest. The amount of cops with guns was obscene and that's coming from someone who has lived here all my life. There was easily a few thousand cops in the city centre. They had attack dogs, machine guns and several helicopters ffs. It was a peaceful protest by the unions!!!!

I heard next to the rally was a separate Loyalist protest, they were protesting because of a fleg, and they heckled the trade unionists at every opportunity. I bet that didn't go down to well.

I heard next to the rally was a separate Loyalist protest, they were protesting because of a fleg, and they heckled the trade unionists at every opportunity. I bet that didn't go down to well.

@Jw39ish: Flag protestors beside dissident republicans@g8 rally.Only in Belfast it was on of the designated days as well! http://t.co/AKkzLb9cAk