By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The Formula 1

Cobs

yet webber's 5th in the same car. not saying the car isn't better but if it was that much better you'd expect webber to be better than 5th

Alonso is clearly better than Massa, Hamilton has got the whip on Rosberg, maybe they are just a lot better than Weber?

yet webber's 5th in the same car. not saying the car isn't better but if it was that much better you'd expect webber to be better than 5th

Could be loads of reasons though, anything from an off day, doesn't like the track, car set up was wrong or as others have said he's not as good as Vettel.

I've watched this sport since I was a kid (Piquet/Mansell times) and have never known such a crap diluted era cos of Vettel (I'm no Ferrari fan but Schumacher was a phenom and did it at two teams), the DRS, the bunch of feature less Tilke designed circuits in countries that aren't arsed (Korea/India), the KERS, the silly spec Pirelli tyres and financial restraints all bringing lesser skilled drivers to the sport.

Hamilton, Raikkonen and Alonso (maybe Button) are all vastly superior drivers to Vettel.

He's basically winning titles because of Newey just like Damon Hill managed to.

Webber is obviously maligned there at RB since the Turkey incident and his non relationship with Helmut Marko/Vettel.

He's made blunders in his career (joining Williams instead of Renault) but staying there for this season made him give up on the sport because of what happened in Malaysia which is a shame because he's a forthright fella amongst a lot of bores.

I hope the new regs sort this out as it's pretty grim at the minute.

• 2 months later...

Biggest changes to cars in a generation for 2014. First half dozen races will hopefully be wacky races. Will be interesting and worth tuning in to.Also the drivers have picked numbers to use for the rest of their careers, rather than run according to how the team finished previous season.The full 2014 F1 entry list is as follows, with the drivers' race number listed first:1* Sebastian Vettel (Ger) Red Bull-Renault3 Daniel Ricciardo (Aus) Red Bull-Renault44 Lewis Hamilton (GB) Mercedes6 Nico Rosberg (Ger) Mercedes14 Fernando Alonso (Spa) Ferrari7 Kimi Raikkonen (Fin) Ferrari8 Romain Grosjean (Fra) Lotus-Renault13 Pastor Maldonado (Ven) Lotus-Renault22 Jenson Button (GB) McLaren-Mercedes20 Kevin Magnussen (Den) McLaren-Mercedes27 Nico Hulkenberg (Ger) Force India-Mercedes11 Sergio Perez (Mex) Force India-Mercedes99 Adrian Sutil (Ger) Sauber-Ferrari21 Esteban Gutierrez (Mex) Sauber-Ferrari25 Jean-Eric Vergne (Fra) Toro Rosso-Renault26 Daniil Kvyat (Rus) Toro Rosso-Renault19 Felipe Massa (Bra) Williams-Mercedes77 Valtteri Bottas (Fin) Williams-Mercedes17 Jules Bianchi (Fra) Marussia-FerrariTBA Max Chilton (GB) Marussia-FerrariTBC Caterham-RenaultTBC Caterham-Renault

• 2 months later...

Cars do sounds bizarre. Was surprised to see later that ricciardo was disqualified.

How Steve Matchett described the issue,

"A simple analogy would be disagreeing with the utility company over the volume of water used if your DIY meter differed from the company's.”

Bottas ran very well apart from you know tapping the wall!

• 2 months later...

I don't read the press release with quite the same degree of elation.

On first reading, it's almost as if he's been brought round and after a couple of days kip, he jumped up, checked himself out and is now recuperating at home. But I fear he is not in a good way and may never be again - hence the secrecy around his condition, his departure from the hospital in Grenoble and his current location.

I may just be fearing the worst ... I hope I am.

Did they? Nothing official has been announced for weeks, and they indicated in early April that he was showing signs of consciousness.

I say they, think it was a family friend. Briatore or someone like that.

I don't read the press release with quite the same degree of elation.

On first reading, it's almost as if he's been brought round and after a couple of days kip, he jumped up, checked himself out and is now recuperating at home. But I fear he is not in a good way and may never be again - hence the secrecy around his condition, his departure from the hospital in Grenoble and his current location.

I may just be fearing the worst ... I hope I am.

Same. Can't imagine he's anything but seriously impaired still.