By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Lap Tops / IPads and all that

Bootser

Righty ho ho ho. Bootser is getting ready to fill his sack.

Cheapish lap top for gaming music etc- 14 year old lad. (oh and doing the odd homework)

Ipads - What's the score on these. Anyone have one of the mini ones. Is 16GB adequate or is 32GB a must? (Kindle Fire any good?)

Neither of these are needed for deep space exploration Don't get too techy.............. please. The choice is bewildering.

Righty ho ho ho. Bootser is getting ready to fill his sack.

Cheapish lap top for gaming music etc- 14 year old lad. (oh and doing the odd homework)

Ipads - What's the score on these. Anyone have one of the mini ones. Is 16GB adequate or is 32GB a must? (Kindle Fire any good?)

Neither of these are needed for deep space exploration Don't get too techy.............. please. The choice is bewildering.

Got a couple of these for a nephew/niece recently. They are just lovely pieces of technology.

I think the stuff you need to consider first for a tab is the screensize, 7" and 10" tabs seem to be usuable in different ways. The 7" is truly portable. Then think about how it is going to be used. Do you need internet access when away from any wireless access points. Do you need 3g. For a 14 year old I'd hazard not and if not the Nexus is significantly cheaper than the ipad mini without being obviously worse in any area it'll be used.

Also like f*** apple.

The Nexus 7 comes in at 8.8 compared to the iPad Mini's 9.0. That was an earlier version of the Nexus which now comes with 32gb storage for the same price they used to do 16 and an updated OS that's addressed some of the annoying idiosyncrasies from release.

Oh and f*** apple

The Nexus 7 comes in at 8.8 compared to the iPad Mini's 9.0. That was an earlier version of the Nexus which now comes with 32gb storage for the same price they used to do 16 and an updated OS that's addressed some of the annoying idiosyncrasies from release.

Oh and f*** apple

I have an iPad, very pleased with it.

Can you explain why you don't like Apple? Is it product or company related?

I have an iMac, I always plan to have an iMac I've had multiple ipods, I have pretty much my entire digital music collection in iTunes. Their stuff is well designed usually and pretty intuitive and product integration is pretty good.

Still f*** apple

Isn't Microsoft office important? Such things as word for homework?

I would say it is depending on how old the kids are - more and more schools are buying into the idea of kids using iPads/tablets in school I'm sure Kop205 can expand upon this.

All the schools in have worked in use ms office products. So having the ability to produce a document, work on it at school is important in my opinion.

The documents can be created, edited and worked on in open source equivalents and saved in MS compatible file types.

Thinking of getting a tablet for my son for Christmas. Fairly sure I'm going to go fr the 10.1 inch Samsung galaxy tab 2. I like the look and spec of the nexus but the price of the Samsung is superb value for money.

Should be taking delivery of the new iPad tomorrow; my first apple product ever!

Managed to persuade the other half that it would be a good purchase both as an educational tool for our eldest daughter and due to the fact that they offer a free citrix based app through work so I can log on from home! so naturally when it arrives tomorrow I'll likely be filling it with all kinds of useless and time-wasting apps; any recommendations?

Should be taking delivery of the new iPad tomorrow; my first apple product ever!

Managed to persuade the other half that it would be a good purchase both as an educational tool for our eldest daughter and due to the fact that they offer a free citrix based app through work so I can log on from home! so naturally when it arrives tomorrow I'll likely be filling it with all kinds of useless and time-wasting apps; any recommendations?

Evernote - for note taking

Filmon - Free TV (I think it's still available in the UK store, FOX have filed a lawsuit in other countries)

Garageband - Great music making app, fun for the whole family

Tweetdeck - Integrated twitter and facebook accounts

Appzapp - Shows app sales, freebies

Airvideo - for streaming videos to the ipad

iPhoto - Photo library, editing tool.

Tons of different games - I love a bit of Kingdom Rush (tower defence)

Citrix works well, i use it on the go quite a bit.

Edited by Dave A