By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Tony Nicklinson

Billy Dane

I had a weird reaction when seeing that story earlier today. Read the headline and thought "good" but at the same time "very sad to see".

The weirdest thing was his wife saying that after the court decision last week the fight went out of him

So when the fight to be allowed to be killed went out of him, he...died.

Had the same mix of emotions myself. I also wondered if his death was natural or if he had received help - wouldn't have blamed anyone if that was the case, but the news reports suggest it was due to pneumonia.

He pretty much starved to death (also refused treatment), something he could always have done but didn't want to have to, hence the case

He pretty much starved to death (also refused treatment), something he could always have done but didn't want to have to, hence the case

I don't understand this.

So he didn't want to commit suicide, but he did want someone else to kill him? Or was it purely that he didn't want to go through the discomfort?

I don't understand this.

So he didn't want to commit suicide, but he did want someone else to kill him? Or was it purely that he didn't want to go through the discomfort?

The latter, the only legal route open to him was starvation and refusal of treatment, so a drawn out and painful end, he waned to right to end it swiftly, but would clearly need assistance.

The weirdest thing was his wife saying that after the court decision last week the fight went out of him

So when the fight to be allowed to be killed went out of him, he...died.

I was hoping his last words were "this'll learn 'em".