By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Off to Goodwood today (1st Aug) - Any tips?

Tommy Cockles

Erm... frankel?

Each way of course

I'd be advising :

2.00 Nafaath e/way

2.35 Maxentius

3.45 Willie Wagtail e/way in a hot race.

4.55 Princess Caetani

Very competitive stuff today, apart from the richest race at the track where only two other owners have bothered with the prize money.

Cheers Earl, appreciated.

Yeah my excitement at seeing Frankel in the flesh is tempered by the field, hugely disappointing.

You're probably planning to already but i would definitely invest in a few lines in the placepot. Some big field handicaps today. Yesterdays paid £306 for a £1 unit stake

£68,000 for 2nd. No horse is going to earn that stood in it's box.

:lol:

They do that in Aus tho it was on one of the 20 tv's in the pubs all the time

All the other horses get to run unencumbered. Frankel has to pull a chariot, filled with iron bars. Like in the world's strongest man.

Did OK, paid for the day which is a position you'd always take beforehand, mostly thanks to Hurricane Higgins in the first & a nice little saver on Sir Graham Wade in the 4th.

It was a really tough card.

Frankel looked awesome close up, pure power.

Edited by Tommy Cockles

Did OK, paid for the day which is a position you'd always take beforehand, mostly thanks to Hurricane Higgins in the first & a nice little saver on Sir Graham Wade in the 4th.

It was a really tough card.

Frankel looked awesome close up, pure power.

Goodwood is always tough. Don't think I've ever made anything there.

the only time I've ever been to Glorious Goodwood was about 6 years ago. It was foggy, freezing cold, drizzling, and we left after the third appalling result. LOL.

Was away yesterday but quite fancy todays card.

2.00 Gatewood should win this with the extra two furlongs bringing about further improvement.

2.35 is a bit iffy but Trumpet Major is the class horse.

3.10 The fav is Fulbright but he's never won over a mile and looks more like a sprinter. Albaqaa was a massive 33-1 a few days ago and i'd hoped to get on it but it's now 10-1 after the draw came out. Has a definite each way chance but depends how it runs - ideal draw but likes to be held up so will need luck in running. So i'm going with Swiftly Done at approx 16-1. Backed it last time when it won and it's got at least one more win in it as it's improving.

4.20 Bircham looks good at 9-1. Forgiven it's last run in bottomless ground.

Classic Goodwood race. Won by a front runner who may never win at that trip elsewhere. Swiftly Done flew home but couldn't get a run from behind a wall of horses. Not sure why jockeys cling to the rail at the back and hope for the gaps to appear.

Nuts.

If you can afford to put, say, a £200 bet on, then winning a tenner doesn't really mean much to you does it?

But if you can put 100 grand on - then winning 5 grand is relevant. Where else can you make what is as near as dammit a guaranteed 5% in a few minutes?

But if you can put 100 grand on - then winning 5 grand is relevant. Where else can you make what is as near as dammit a guaranteed 5% in a few minutes?

But it's a mugs bet. Proper players will have £20,000 on a 6-4 shot. Or like JP McManus, £200,000 on a 7/2 shot.

But it's a mugs bet. Proper players will have £20,000 on a 6-4 shot. Or like JP McManus, £200,000 on a 7/2 shot.

I've seen plenty of huge bets go on at massive odds-on. Any 'investment' of any size on a stupid f***ing animal is a mugs game, to be honest.