By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Asda/Sainsbury's/Waitrose/Tesco

baja the hut

Tesco is everywhere and I know where everything is so its efficient for me to go in and know where things are in the store.

However the quality isn't the best.

Anyway, I'm hijacking this thread because I need something to play music. Do I get a Bose speaker dock or is there something that will deliver better sound quality through my kitchen and across my garden ?

The lack of music in this house is a disgrace. I've only just noticed and I'm disgusted with myself.

Pound for pound morrisons is probably the best for value and quality. If money is no object then you can't beat waitrose for quality IMO.

The test is to see how good their own brand stuff is. The quality of tesco own brand stuff is poor IMO unless you go for their premium stuff

Morrisons for me, value and quality. Tesco winds me up because they are forever playing games with their suppliers to the extent they won't have the bread I want or similar. Sainsburys are overpriced for what I buy, Waitrose feels like shopping for food in M&S always did

The ASDA near us is the cheapest and handiest and was a Morrison's for a while, but we don't have them here anymore. The first Waitrose in NI will be opening where Holywood rugby club is cos they bought the ground. Tesco is pretty average, I'd like to see if their "improvements" are actually that. Sainsbury's deffo the best.

All supermarkets are as depressing as f*** and I try to buy as little from them as possible. They are all as s**** as each other.

I think it is a least worst thing. I don't have the time or inclination to go shop to shop and more often to spend more money in the independents though, know plenty of people who do or insist on going to a Whole Foods or similar and spending twice and more the amounts I would a week.

There's a great little farm on Renacres Lane near Halsall that has a veg and egg stall with an honesty box - I love it. If it wasn't so far away i'd go on a weekly basis.

I'd love to work on a farm, bet its great fun.

There's a great little farm on Renacres Lane near Halsall that has a veg and egg stall with an honesty box - I love it. If it wasn't so far away i'd go on a weekly basis.

I'd love to work on a farm, bet its great fun.

As someone who did it as a summer job in school/college, I can confirm it's no fun at all.. it was slightly better than working in a crisp factory though.. Christ, 'Snack Factory' flashbacks..

Yep, I hate that too, and always forget something which means I have to the supermarket anyway.

Can't say that I like it, I order Asda via an app that has my favourites. Go to Waitrose though, always a nice milf or two about

Edited by Candystore

Pound for pound morrisons is probably the best for value and quality. If money is no object then you can't beat waitrose for quality IMO.

The test is to see how good their own brand stuff is. The quality of tesco own brand stuff is poor IMO unless you go for their premium stuff

Agree there. Morrisons are the best all round, and

I hate morisons with a passion, now a sainsburys has joined the lidls a cross the road, thats pretty much it. Sainsburys reduced section is ridiculously cheap, cheaper than any of the others.

Edited by Buzz

Tesco's, easy choice for me. Think their own brand stuff is as good as any other supermarket chain, the finest products are better than Asda, Sainsbury's etc equivalents and there are always 2 for 1's on products which are relevant to me, unlike the other big names.

I've never preferred Supermarket shopping anywhere other than Tesco's.