By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The Billiards

Gunga Din

Stephen Hendry has just done a 147. its the first frame i've watched of the championships. but saying that, billiards is boring

Me grandad used to call it that:

Me to me grandad: "Wheres me nan?"

Grandad to Me: "She's in there watchin the billiards. Leave her while she's quiet"

• 3 weeks later...

Me grandad used to call it that:

Me to me grandad: "Wheres me nan?"

Grandad to Me: "She's in there watchin the billiards. Leave her while she's quiet"

my grandad would turn off the telly if it had been on too long, in case it overheated

somehow that didn't apply when it came to his beloved billiards and a 6 hour session was on the cards

his favourite player was Steve Davies, because he 'looked after his parents'

a poignant reminder to my mum, I reckon, although in fairness she did always step up in that regard

Funny, one of my clearest memories was of watching snooker with my Grandad. It got interrupted for the SAS embassy siege, pretty sure it was Higgins v Thorburn, but may have been Higgins Davis.

That generation were all mad for it because of the colours. After years of black and white tellies.

Funny, one of my clearest memories was of watching snooker with my Grandad. It got interrupted for the SAS embassy siege, pretty sure it was Higgins v Thorburn, but may have been Higgins Davis.

That generation were all mad for it because of the colours. After years of black and white tellies.

That and the fact there was only 3 channels at the time

Remember that well. A particularly eventful Bank Holiday.