By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Nintendo DS Help Please

superledger

This is a request from a father trying to help Santa out as best he can so I really need someone with expert knowledge.

My older fella got a Nintendo DS a few Christmases ago and we were able to buy one of those cards you can add all the ROM games to.

This year, my 4 year old is wanting a DS XL but I dont know what card I need for it. Apparently it's different in that it has to had DSi 1.4 (or above) firmware, or something to that effect.

Does anyone know exactly what card I need and a trusted website to buy it from?

Thanks very much for any help. It's truly appreciated.

Yule Never Walk Alone

Ive done this for my daughters DS, the newer one does use a different card type but Im not sure what.

These sorts of things are properly illegal now though so slightly trickier to get hold of.

I believe the cards are not specifically illegal because you can use them for storing your own pictures, music etc on them for use on your DS. It becomes illegal when you down load a ripped game and play it on it, which is probably the only reason anyone buys one anyway.

Edited by Buzz

This is a request from a father trying to help Santa out as best he can so I really need someone with expert knowledge.

My older fella got a Nintendo DS a few Christmases ago and we were able to buy one of those cards you can add all the ROM games to.

This year, my 4 year old is wanting a DS XL but I dont know what card I need for it. Apparently it's different in that it has to had DSi 1.4 (or above) firmware, or something to that effect.

Does anyone know exactly what card I need and a trusted website to buy it from?

Thanks very much for any help. It's truly appreciated.

Yule Never Walk Alone

Actually on the subject of DS - my eldest has taken her uncle's DS Lite - do all the normal DS games work on this ?

I believe the cards are not specifically illegal because you can use them for storing your own pictures, music etc on them for use on your DS. It becomes illegal when you down load a ripped game and play it on it, which is probably the only reason anyone buys one anyway.

Well I know that the R4 cards are, its illegal to import, sell or advertise them.

Well I know that the R4 cards are, its illegal to import, sell or advertise them.

Didn't know that, but after responding to this thread the other day, someone asked me where I'd got ours from in the past. A quick look around PC Jerry and all that and it was as if nothing like R4 cards had ever existed!! None of the usual sites had them, just some sites that were suspiciously similarly named...