By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Iceland

Jonesy

I am thinking about going in Feb or March for a mini break. Christmas pressies for the Mrs........She gets to have 4 days at home without me boom boom.

Over to the wise ones of the Genny .....What should I see and do and all that usual nonsense? Where (apart from in the sky) is the best place to see the Northern Lights?

Northern Lights. Drive out of Reykjavik for a bit. places to see. Blue Lagoon, golden circle tour, Whale wtaching, Jökulsárlón. make sure you get out on the lash on the staurday night too

you can get return flights direct from Icelandair from manchester to reykjavik for about £200 return, and the Radisson Blu Saga hotel have some great deals on at the minute. I'm heading over in Januray to kick start their economy.

Edited by Gunga Din

Northern Lights. Drive out of Reykjavik for a bit. places to see. Blue Lagoon, golden circle tour, Jökulsárlón. make sure you get out on the lash on the staurday night too

you can get return flights direct from Icelandair from manchester to reykjavik for about £200 return, and the Radisson Blu Saga hotel have some great deals on at the minute. I'm heading over in Januray to kick start their economy.

I bet you copied and pasted that didn't you? :unsure:

I am thinking about going in Feb or March for a mini break. Christmas pressies for the Mrs........She gets to have 4 days at home without me boom boom.

Over to the wise ones of the Genny .....What should I see and do and all that usual nonsense? Where (apart from in the sky) is the best place to see the Northern Lights?

You do know Christmas is in December?

Alli, i'm over for the Wolves game in January, myself and Gunnar who posts on here are going to try and meet up for beerage. yo fancy popping along?

sounds good, isn't the wolves game dec 29th though ?

scratch that, you're talking about the away game I take it, but I'd fancy that

Edited by alli

Alli, i'm over for the Wolves game in January, myself and Gunnar who posts on here are going to try and meet up for beerage. yo fancy popping along?

Definitely do meet up with Gunnar for a beer he's one of the coolest people I've met off YNWA and knows lots of great spots

Don't let any mancs mention Ronny Johnson in his presence though

sounds good, isn't the wolves game dec 29th though ?

scratch that, you're talking about the away game I take it, but I'd fancy that

cool. we'll get it sorted nearer the time and get a thread up. see if we can organise the first ever Icelandic YNWA.tv gathering. see if we can get Logic and a few of the other Icelandic posters onboard

Definitely do meet up with Gunnar for a beer he's one of the coolest people I've met off YNWA and knows lots of great spots

Don't let any mancs mention Ronny Johnson in his presence though

he definately is. i've had a beer with him before

cool. we'll get it sorted nearer the time and get a thread up. see if we can organise the first ever Icelandic YNWA.tv gathering. see if we can get Logic and a few of the other Icelandic posters onboard

he definately is. i've had a beer with him before

I'm in! :)

And Jonesy, are you renting a car? That's the best way to travel in Iceland.

Alli and Gunga have pretty much covered the usual stuff.

Some additional stuff (depends on what you are interested in):

Árbæjarsafn: http://www.minjasafnreykjavikur.is/english/desktopdefault.aspx/

Krýsuvík: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kr%C3%BDsuv%C3%ADk

Hellisheiði Geothermal Power Plant: http://www.or.is/English/Projects/HellisheidiGeothermalPlant/

If you tell a bit more what you are looking for I'm sure I can find something more for you to check out while you're here.

Righto. I had a butchers at all this and the cheapest way (given the dates that I am looking at) is to book one of them mini breaks with Icelandair. I can get a 3 night stay for £300 pp. Unless any the wise uns of the genny can point me in a cheaper directon.