By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

What kind of geek are you?

Snookie

A bit of a mix - football, academic, art and design, history, computer, music,books and guitars geek.

A well rounded geek? I dunno :D

I thought the whole idea of being a geek was that you weren't well rounded! Obsessive compulsive isn't such a bad thing unless we're talking about cleaning or organising.

I thought the whole idea of being a geek was that you weren't well rounded! Obsessive compulsive isn't such a bad thing unless we're talking about cleaning or organising.

I suppose the chart above gives the idea of a monumental monomaniacal geek - someone obsessed with the one thing above all others. My interest in things can be really geeky - talking about one of the reasons you get a fat, deep mellow tone out of the lower chords on an early 70's Stratocaster is because they used 400v Sprague capacitors mixed with 500ohm pots heavy wired in series with Cu-nickel wiring to mediate flutter in the middle PU etc - now that's geeky to the non-enthused...but I'm like that about a lot of things :) - genuinely interested really - so much so I started not just playing guitars but restoring and building them - I'm probably even worse with Art and History...

We're all geeks to some degree you could say or we probably wouldn't even be on here. Who cares anyway?

Edited by fyds

Beer Geek ?

Not one, but I've known a few - haven't we all?

'Now your Leffe - the brown more than the blonde naturally, has a very 'barley and dry wheat' aftertaste, sometimes it can remind one of fresh chalots - not bad to the simple tongue but a good lower Serbian Rotlowka - now, here is a beer for the true devotee of the bacchanalian fayre...I collect the mats and labels too by the way...'

;)