Sa vs Aus test series

Snoeker

So we managed to bounce back and win the dead rubber in emphatic fashion. Prince made 150 as a makeshift opener - so thats bye bye Mckenzie, Kallis made his first century in over a year, Boycott's favourite bowler took a 5er and 9 in the match, Steyn finally found some form and AB got some runs - managing to end Mcgain's career before it started.

For Aus, the standout was Mitchell Johnson. But their entire team (except maybe Michael Clarke and Ponting and we know what they're capable of) stood up and made a big statement. The spin berth is a worry but I think that playing Marcus North and having him, Katich and Clarke bowl some overs should be good enough to supply variety.

*Mocker alert* I don't see England (based on the evidence of their most recent series) being able to cope with this new attack of the Aussies. I expect Hilfenhaus to do well on english wickets, Siddle bowls impeccable line and length at brisk pace, McDonald can keep an end tight and i'm sick to death of the sight of Johnson (who will be a handful with the bat as well).

The only hope is if Johnson stands on a ball in the warmup - as he is central to how they play. I think that the score over the two series would have been more like 4-2 or 5-1 to us if he hadn't been in their team.