By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

iPod/iTunes etc..

sean

Put a disc in the laptop and no action or prompt was forthcoming. Generally, the import function activates immediately but there's no sign of the disc even being in it when I check in My Computer. Anyone any ideas, other than the Java and hammer options?

If the disc isn't showing in "my computer" then no idea why the thread title is "iPod/iTunes"??? What's an iPod got to do with a dirty disc/rubbish CD drive???

Just re-start the PC, clean the disc, and see what happens

Edited by Mr Kite

Happened to me the other day. Just wouldn't recognise a CD I put in, even though it was okay when I had it on my previous laptop.

I presume the CD is a bit dirty/scraped and the newer laptop is a bit more sensitive.

Incidentally, this has happened to me twice before.

Once, I smashed the laptop around a bit, and it was fine. I'm assuming the drive was loose, but it was readjusted upon smashing around.

The second time, I also smashed it around a bit, but it didn't help. I took it to the centre and they said my drive was now completely smashed up and had to be replaced.

Jesus, I inserted the disc. And the right way up. Something amiss.

Have you narrowed it down yet to disk or disk drive - i.e. tried a different disk? And no-ones called me Jesus in years now, not since I started shaving at least.

Put a disc in the laptop and no action or prompt was forthcoming. Generally, the import function activates immediately but there's no sign of the disc even being in it when I check in My Computer. Anyone any ideas, other than the Java and hammer options?

Schoolboy error - FOOL!

There is no alternative to the Java/hammer options