By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Bonekickers

Kahnee

Ok, I know I'm playing catch-up here, but I Sky+'d it and only got round to watching the first episode this morning

How the f*** did it get commissioned????

The basis alone - archaeology is sexy and dramatic, honest - is stretching it, but the dialogue seems to have been written by someone who has never heard people speak.

Add to that the subtle use of coincidence to jolt the story along, the implausibility of the characters and the delightful use of academic stereotypes, you're left wondering why perfectly good actors decided starring in this s*** heap was a good idea

Thank f*** I don't pay a licence fee

Myself and Mrs E watched it last night (starting at the latest episode - Mrs E likes to start things half way through so she can ask me what is happening and complain when I don't have a clue).

Anyway - agree, it really is utterly, utterly stupid/****

We've set up the Sky+ to make sure we don't miss next weeks ;)

Ok, I know I'm playing catch-up here, but I Sky+'d it and only got round to watching the first episode this morning

How the f*** did it get commissioned????

The basis alone - archaeology is sexy and dramatic, honest - is stretching it, but the dialogue seems to have been written by someone who has never heard people speak.

Add to that the subtle use of coincidence to jolt the story along, the implausibility of the characters and the delightful use of academic stereotypes, you're left wondering why perfectly good actors decided starring in this s*** heap was a good idea

Thank f*** I don't pay a licence fee

I'm glad someone mentioned it, 100% agree. Didn't bother with the second episode.

I'm glad someone mentioned it, 100% agree. Didn't bother with the second episode.

Oh, I have to. It might get worse.

Favourite bit so far is where a New Assistant, who Scottish Bint has been harsh to from the get go, is told to go to SB's flat and pick up the clothes that are drying on the radiator - "but DON'T touch anything".

Cut to flat, sans clothes on radiator - in fact, I didn't see a radiator anywhere - and Assistant looking about and Touching Things. She picks up a picture of SB's mum, who has been alluded to before as being to arrogant for her own good, and attached to the back is a newspaper cutting about her suicide attempt.

Because that's a clipping you'd not want to lose, isn't it...

Oh, and while Assistant is there, Religious Nutjob With Big f***-Off Sword turns up and breaks in. He doesn't kick down the door, oh no, he cuts through the Yale lock. Takes a bit of time, enough to give Assistant the chance to call 999. Only she doesn't. She runs about looking for a way out, and finds a secret doorway. You never see her escape.

Cut to Assistant back at the office.

"I don't mean to be funny," she says, "but some bloke's broken into your flat and he's ransacking the place..."

I DON'T MEAN TO BE FUNNY???? Of all the opening gambits after running away from a bloke with a sword, that's the one the writers came up with????

I won't be able to stop myself now...

It is absolutely terrible. Only saw the 1st ep.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Loved how they destroyed what would be probably the biggest discovery of all time, and didn't seem arsed at all, f***ed off down the pub.

Use the spoiler function :rant:

Edited by Kahnee

It is so bad that it is strangely captivating. Has anyone seen any bones being kicked yet?

I am eagerly awaiting the inveitable twist involving aliens and the departed mother.

I'm now two episodes in - what is with her and swords? Is her mother the original Lady Of The Lake?

the beeb is awful at things like this now, in fact its an embarrassment. it really should just be a news sport and documentaries channel and do away with a big chunk of the licence fee.

it is on the beeb isn't it :unsure:

Edited by Mike

Life on Mars was rubbish, it was just popular with blokes of a certain age who thought it was great to be allowed to laugh at what Gene Hunt said and got nostalgic over Cortinas.

The 'dream' sequences were f*cking embarassingly laughable.

Life on Mars was rubbish, it was just popular with blokes of a certain age who thought it was great to be allowed to laugh at what Gene Hunt said and got nostalgic over Cortinas.

Oh yes. Didn't understand what all the fuss was about either.

I thought the same thing. I enjoyed seeing sherbet dips and the test card girl, but the writing and stories were crap.