By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Last night's gig

Will

I went to the 100 Club last night to see a gig with a line-up of 3 bands

Unfortunately, we missed Voluntary Butler Scheme as they were somewhat surprisingly on first, and not so surprisingly I was still in the pub

Got in while Post War Years were on - who were very good. The drummer was a bit like Animal from the Muppets, and the bassist/occasional singer was like a slimmer Spike_starski. And he was the coolest member of the band. Still, they were very enjoyable - they seem to have heard plenty of XTC, but that's no bad thing in my book

Then it was the somewhat odd Wild Beasts - you can hear the Antony & The Johnsons and Sparks in them, and I'm not sure it always works. Looks-wise there were touches of Ultravox, Nik Kershaw, Kajagoogoo and Ocean Colour Scene. There's surely no need for a moustache in this day and age.

Edited by Will

Got in while Post War Years were on - who were very good. The drummer was a bit like Animal from the Muppets, and the bassist/occasional singer was like a slimmer Spike_starski. And he was the coolest member of the band. Still, they were very enjoyable - they seem to have heard plenty of XTC, but that's no bad thing in my book

jeez, what re the rest of em like?

geek792748ra8.jpg