By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Dad calls cops on teenage son

Falconhoof

i know i bloke whose Dad phoned the police/drug squad when he found him making baked bean sandwiches for his lunch the next day and he was putting them unwrapped in his work jacket pocket.

:lol:

Presumably the police said sandwiches into pocket = not a crime

I can't imagine going to the police if I found my kids had a gun. I'd be worried sick obviously and want to know how they got mixed up in that sort of thing but I wouldn't want them to go to jail for it.

maybe a last resort ?

i remember years and years ago a Mum grassing up a kid (who was a friend of my brother) to the Police for smoking pot

made the news at the time cos the Dad was a minor celeb

There seems to be a close relationship to being injured by a gun if you have access or own a gun in many countries where gun ownership is common so perhaps the Dad just realised that having a betrayed son who is pissed off with him is better than having a dead son.

maybe a last resort ?

i remember years and years ago a Mum grassing up a kid (who was a friend of my brother) to the Police for smoking pot

made the news at the time cos the Dad was a minor celeb

scargill.png

or even

18908227.jpg

Edited by Jonesy

saw the family interviewed on the telly last night - none of em seemed like the brightest of people. I can't decide whether I think the dad did a brave and right thing or he is just cowardly and disloyal.

I can't see why his intelligence should be questioned, nor how it could be interpreted as cowardly.

I can't see why his intelligence should be questioned, nor how it could be interpreted as cowardly.

Perhaps he was worried about what would happen the next time they had a fall out over the remote. I'm already planning ahead for handling the time when my son expects control of the remote like every male should eventually aspire to.

I can't imagine going to the police if I found my kids had a gun. I'd be worried sick obviously and want to know how they got mixed up in that sort of thing but I wouldn't want them to go to jail for it.

I kind of agree with this but what we don't know is the overall situation of the lad. Is this an isolated incident or is it just another item on a very long list of misdemeanours? Plus where has the gun come from and to what end? Drugs is the easy choice but it could be anything including racism given their location.

I say this as I was once involved in all sorts of daft stuff (not guns though) and when my folks found out certain things, they wanted to know the how and why rather than making any snap decisions. Not sure if they'd have shopped me to the police regardless but if a situation is that serious with even more serious long term consequences then maybe the father thought it was the right thing to do. The lad's only got three years so eighteen months of being a good boy and he's ready to start his life again.

Credit to the father for making a very courageous decision, let's hope it works out for all concerned.

because they're from Nelson....

The dad went to school with my sister-in-law.

I like this:

he believed his son had fallen into the wrong circle after becoming involved in the drug sub-culture as a cannabis user.

"drug subculture"