By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Anyone live in Kirkby?

jon_hall

I like it round there; Rowan Drive, Poplar Drive.

where are you from, jon?

My mate and old guitar buddy Paul lived on Pennine Way, and Mark our drummer round the corner on Chiltern Drive. We used to go in the Carters Arms and played footy for them for a while - that was a bit rough (not the footy, the pub!) come the weekend.

Kingfisher ws still there this morning when i went past.

Lived in Imber Road overlooking the back of the 'Kingy' - when I was a kid I could see all those lovely Saturday night fights from my bedroom window. Dennis Mortimer lived opposite the place.

Edited by fyds

Lived in Imber Road overlooking the back of the 'Kingy' - when I was a kid I could see all those lovely Saturday night fights from my bedroom window. Dennis Mortimer lived opposite the place.

They had a social club at the back where you could get 'afters'. My cousins lived in Hallsands road around the corner plus I had family in Northwood. The Conteh's drank in the Kingy apparently

Edited by Murphman

They had a social club at the back where you could get 'afters'. My cousins lived in Hallsands road around the corner plus I had family in Northwood. The Conteh's drank in the Kingy apparently

John did to get away from some of the problems he got in the family local (The Woodpecker on County Road - that was really rough). Many of his family drank in their cells at Walton. ;)