By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Royal Ascot 2008

Earl Hafler

It doesn't start for another nine days but there's a potential winner running tomorrow so i thought i'd post it.

Fondled is running at Pontefract tomorrow night but is also entered in the Royal Hunt Cup - a race won last year by Royal Oath, who i tipped. At the moment Fondled is 14 / 16-1 in the bookies and 20-1 on Betfair but if she wins tomorrow night she'll be cut into about 7 or 8-1 and will come in sharply on the exchanges...it's a back-to-lay bet.

She's trained by James Fanshawe who loves an Ascot winner and has won the RHC before so may have targetted this horse for it - Fondled needs to win tomorrow night to guarantee a place in the RHC line-up so i'm hoping that's the plan.

Favourite for the Ascot race is Bankable who is as short as 15-8 in some places and although it's a superb horse it's also a shocking price as i don't think a favourite has won for 10 years at least. That said, the horse Bankable hammered by 3 lengths has since won a Group race at Epsom. but i aint tipping a 2-1 shot.