By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Bike crash cont...

NWR

After the bike crash at the start of April things have not got any better. The missus is still off work with no sign of the broken collar bone pulling together.

I had reconstructive surgery done on my foot which has healed really well to be honest. Still some scabs and a set of fantastic scars but walking is no longer a problem.

I had the cast off my wrist a couple of weeks back and it seems the f***** did not heal in the right place. Then after an MRI scan it also seems I have very badly damaged ligaments.

Had an op on Monday where they have put a plate and screws on my wrist, f*** knows why they didn’t do this in the first place. Once the bones have mended in ANOTHER 8 weeks I can then have surgery to try to fix the ligaments, oh and another op later to have the plate removed.

All because some 19 t*** couldn’t be bothered to look in his mirror.

I have a private health scheme with work so I went to a private hospital. Never again will I go NHS. LoL

Cobs, feel free to laugh. ;)

Jeeze sorry to hear about all the ops. Hope you and Mrs NWR make a speedy recovery.

Mr Montse has only just gone back to work after 6 weeks off after some dimwit ran into his car - for which he wasnt prosecuted despite cctv and full admittance of guilt - hes being sent on a course to correct his bad driving habits!

Deffo persue the compo route

All the best :)

You got any personal injury money out of it or anything?

The missus had an offer the other day but we turned it down. Good news there is that they must think its his fault.

The police have not released their report yet so not sure whats going to happen, but in the hospital a cop told me the lad said " I saw him overtake the car behind me but i didnt think he was going to overtake me"

Thanks mate. :D That will do me.

ouch - ligaments can be feckers when injured - i've recently had ops on my knee and wrist. I hope ye hold out for some decent compo and take a well earned holiday to relaxed. I'm sure the combined injury and pain was awful!!

Despite the long waiting lists - it's not that bad

(despite saying this, I came across some people both men and women who really shouldn't have been nurses :rants: )

appears to be a typo in the title of this thread

mods, can you amend?

It took nearly an hour and a half but I told the missus it would be you who got it. :lol:

Gilps. I have pain killers but have decided not to take them. Last time I did and used the arm more than I should have, the end result being it endd up wonky. Without the pain killers I can feel the cut up my forearm and the plate in the bone therefor I stop what I am doing before I cause anymore fecking damage.

Me and the missus have been stuck in the house together for 9 weeks almost now, I want this to heal as soon as possible so we can get back to work and get the kitchen knives back out of the attic.

you and yer wife chatting about me & your posts on a Liverpool website?

sad t.wat

I suppose me talking about you being a sad t*** would make me a sad t*** yes. But then again I have nothing better to be doing with my time at the moment.

You?

I suppose me talking about you being a sad t*** would make me a sad t*** yes. But then again I have nothing better to be doing with my time at the moment.

You?

i've never met your wife

probably

Broken Collarbones are annoying, there are all kinds of little things that you think you should be able to do.

but when the collarbone are broke, you can't.

And personally mine is only back to about 80%. Broken Femurs though, easier to resolve. 98% there.

If the mrs has physical therapy for the collarbone, make sure she sticks to it.

Broken Collarbones are annoying, there are all kinds of little things that you think you should be able to do.

but when the collarbone are broke, you can't.

And personally mine is only back to about 80%. Broken Femurs though, easier to resolve. 98% there.

If the mrs has physical therapy for the collarbone, make sure she sticks to it.

She is not having any physio but i do think she should as it does not seem to be getting any better. This x ray was taken 6 weeks after the accident. It looks strange.

20052008063.jpg

Okay - I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but that looks like there should be surgery to repair that.

Has that been suggested?

Mine was only broken in one place, and it healed itself, that's a multiple break situation there.. I was offered the option of surgery, but didn't want it.

The bone has to be touching for it to fuse back together.

an aside - I love x-ray photos..

Okay - I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but that looks like there should be surgery to repair that.

Has that been suggested?

Mine was only broken in one place, and it healed itself, that's a multiple break situation there.. I was offered the option of surgery, but didn't want it.

The bone has to be touching for it to fuse back together.

an aside - I love x-ray photos..

:lol:

They say it is healing. Although us untrained plebs cant see it there is stuff forming between the bones.

I do like x-rays myself. I have a few more but I wont put them up as i am sure I would get slated for something.

Another good bit of news I got the other day was that I will now suffer pain in my wrist caused by Osteoarthritis, and that on top of the Rhemathoid Arthritis pain I already suffer there. :lol: