By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui

stressederic

My best mate is getting married in January and has decided to have it on Koh Samui island in Thailand. He's booked in to the Imperial Samui Hotel which looks lovely but is ever so slightly beyond my price range.

I'm pretty sure we have some forumites here who have been to Thailand. Do any of them have any hotel recommendations for the Chaweng Beach area?

I didn't want to question it though, he might have come back.

Well at some point there is a vague chance he might actually feck off to somewhere that doesn't have an internet cafe - but it's a long-shot

Well at some point there is a vague chance he might actually feck off to somewhere that doesn't have an internet cafe - but it's a long-shot

Especially as he can get all the ladyboys he wants for a bout 20 baht and a cornetto where he is.

pretty sure we stayed there when we were in koh samui...the gaff we were in was pretty cool...just a few wee chalets around a pool, minutes walk from the beach....ill ask the wife if she can remember the name of it.

Edited by Ostrich Man

what's your budget eric? there are loads of nice places there for a couple of thousand baht a night but also plenty of nice guesthouse and bungalow places for about twelve hundred a night. i knew some people staying at this place which was really nice:

http://www.sawadee.com/hotel/samui/lagoonbay/

Nice one. I was actually looking at that place on that website yesterday. I think probably the maximum I'll be looking to pay per night is about £45. I want somewhere that's nice and secure obviously, but I can't imagine I'll be spending much of each day in my hotel room.

Room only = hand job

En-suite = oral

en-suite + breakfast = full service, all the extras and a rousing rendition of Hello Dolly

My reputation obviously pecedes me

Edited by stressederic

Nice one. I was actually looking at that place on that website yesterday. I think probably the maximum I'll be looking to pay per night is about £45. I want somewhere that's nice and secure obviously, but I can't imagine I'll be spending much of each day in my hotel room.

all these places have safe deposit boxes in reception for your passport and valuables mate, don't worry about that. and crime's minimal anyway, lot of hype drummed up by lonely planet and the like. and 45 quid is about 3,000 baht so you'll be laughing on that mate, you'll get somewhere good.

all these places have safe deposit boxes in reception for your passport and valuables mate, don't worry about that. and crime's minimal anyway, lot of hype drummed up by lonely planet and the like. and 45 quid is about 3,000 baht so you'll be laughing on that mate, you'll get somewhere good.

Outstanding, that's what I was hoping. Thanks very much indeed.

Impiana Resort. It's at the very end of a stretch of beach which blends into a hill, very safe, right on the beach with either rooms or beach huts, 5 minutes drive from the centre of madness but a million miles away enough from it too.

Spent about 4 days there a while back, absolutely loved it, but not sure what the prices might be now?

Guest the Dude abides

Thought Thailand was dirt cheap? Surely wouldn't be too pricey to rent a Villa for your stay?

Impiana Resort. It's at the very end of a stretch of beach which blends into a hill, very safe, right on the beach with either rooms or beach huts, 5 minutes drive from the centre of madness but a million miles away enough from it too.

Spent about 4 days there a while back, absolutely loved it, but not sure what the prices might be now?

I've got that on my shortlist! Looks like it'll probably be around £39 a night.

Thought Thailand was dirt cheap? Surely wouldn't be too pricey to rent a Villa for your stay?

I've been building up a shortlist of potential places, all look nice and pretty cheap. My mat has arranged his whole do through Thomson's so I might see if they can do a decent deal on flights and one of the places on my list.

If not I'm more then happy to just build the trip myself, it's what I usually do.