By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Table Tennis

sutty

The place I am working at the moment has a table.

I'm alright at it, playiong other people who don't play much.

Just got absolutely raped by somebody who plays alot though :(

The place I am working at the moment has a table.

I'm alright at it, playiong other people who don't play much.

Just got absolutely raped by somebody who plays alot though :(

Where do you work?

the best indoor sport to play.

don't see nearly as many tables in public as there used to be. i've still got a bat and there's a bowling club near me which has a tabletennis club one evening a week, so planning to take it up again soon.

It's actually hard. The guy I played hits this rapid massive top spin back hand thing that I just couldn't get back.

It's actually hard. The guy I played hits this rapid massive top spin back hand thing that I just couldn't get back.

been a while since i've played, as i said, but from what i recall if it's played with top spin, you've got to return it with as much top spin - if not more. a return with backspin will slice it into the net almost every time. similarly, with a backspin shot return it with the same or the ball will shoot past the table. i used to try to force opponents to return without spin as much as possible to set up a smash shot.

once you can get into that routine you can start working on speeding up reflexes, which - along the ability to flick the wrist - is the key to playing well.

i don't think i ever worked out when to play with the slow side of the bat or the fast side, mind. :unsure:

I played the other week, I won, I felt great, played the missus's brother in law who has played in UK championships, he battered me in 5 games, scored 3 points, one of which he wasnt looking

he he

I take it you had the odd issue getting his serve back?

been a while since i've played, as i said, but from what i recall if it's played with top spin, you've got to return it with as much top spin - if not more. a return with backspin will slice it into the net almost every time. similarly, with a backspin shot return it with the same or the ball will shoot past the table. i used to try to force opponents to return without spin as much as possible to set up a smash shot.

once you can get into that routine you can start working on speeding up reflexes, which - along the ability to flick the wrist - is the key to playing well.

You are pretty much 100% wrong :)

Backspin can be played both with backspin as well as topspin to counter. Topspin similarly. Backspin (or a slice) results in the opponent playing the ball towards the table or into the net. Topspin results in the ball spinning forwards away from the table from the bat.

The key to table tennis is the movement, balance and weight of your feet. If you move your feet well, you'll be a decent player.

You are pretty much 100% wrong :)

Backspin can be played both with backspin as well as topspin to counter. Topspin similarly. Backspin (or a slice) results in the opponent playing the ball towards the table or into the net. Topspin results in the ball spinning forwards away from the table from the bat.

The key to table tennis is the movement, balance and weight of your feet. If you move your feet well, you'll be a decent player.

i guess we've different styles then. i used to employ a lot of counter-attack and was at a fairly reasonable level.